Town Centers and Marketplace Centers of MD TN

smeagolsfree

With all the discussion of sprawl and town center, mass land developments and such, I thought it would be fun to start a thread of Middle TN projects. The following are some and probably not all of the projects that are underway in the Nashville area. I know I have either forgotten some or there are probably a few I don

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting and adding this info. Maybe we can get some more involvement from the Clarksville posters. I have not seen a lot of you guys on the boards. Please feel free to get some topics going. Clarksville is the 5th or 6th largest city in the state. Always interested in waht is going on up there. I never can remember if you guys or the Boro is larger.

How is growth south of town around the Ashland City Hwy?? and Are there any large riverfront developments going on up there??

Thanks for posting and adding this info. Maybe we can get some more involvement from the Clarksville posters. I have not seen a lot of you guys on the boards. Please feel free to get some topics going. Clarksville is the 5th or 6th largest city in the state. Always interested in waht is going on up there. I never can remember if you guys or the Boro is larger.

How is growth south of town around the Ashland City Hwy?? and Are there any large riverfront developments going on up there??

I believe we are still 5th. At last count, the city had projected the population at around 135,000.

And the riverfront is finally being focused on or major development. The new marina is in development currently and there is some new retail on Riverside Dr.

As far as south/southeast of town, the residential growth is heavy in Sango....moderate to expensive neighborhoods especially. However, retail has been slow to catch up.

Here is the best shot I could find of the new Gateway Medical Center, opening in April. Under construction on that site are two five story doctor's buildings as well.

construction_future.jpg

In the funding stages now, we hope to turn the historical Roxy theater downtown into a regional arts center.

roxylast.jpg

F&M Bank headquarters is our newest downtown building....six stories I think.

337867867_1aa8872027.jpg

More later....

Just wondering. I think it would be great if the larger entities around Nashville could get a sticky thread each for themselves. Kind of like the Murfreesboro forum. That way we can tell what is going on in Clarksville or Franklin with a continuous thread. Others that could be included are Lebanon, Ashland City, etc. Just a thought. Anyone agree or disagree? Rural King? :)

That may be a good idea, but then we are going to have a lot of stickies at the top. I dont think we have enough people in Franklin and Clarksville or any of the other cities for their own forum but I would bet that RK may have an idea.

The other problem with more forums is that you have to keep going form forum to forum to see all that is happening if there is a forum for each city. To tell you the truth, I have enough problems keeping up with the Nashville page. I rarely get over to Memphis anymore. Some of us remember when the entire state was on one forum not too long ago.

That may be a good idea, but then we are going to have a lot of stickies at the top. I dont think we have enough people in Franklin and Clarksville or any of the other cities for their own forum but I would bet that RK may have an idea.

The other problem with more forums is that you have to keep going form forum to forum to see all that is happening if there is a forum for each city. To tell you the truth, I have enough problems keeping up with the Nashville page. I rarely get over to Memphis anymore. Some of us remember when the entire state was on one forum not too long ago.

Clarksville is the oddball out of the group. To be so large, we don't have a lot of town centers and large business areas like these. There are only a couple major ones I can think of...

1. the new Gateway Medical Center complex and surrounding area. Also called the "Capital Improvements District."

2. the mixed use retail that will go in and around where the old hospital sits currently. We've heard Lowe's, a theater multiplex, Super Target, Publix.

3. The doubling of our industrial park and a major announcement supposedly in the works.

4. Rudolphtown Village...a mixture of homes, condos and medical/dental offices with a neighborhood feel.

5. Wilson Green...Clarksville's first ever green community.

6. New residential dorms (up to 1,000 new beds) at Austin Peay.

7. the new marina (which has not started) will supposedly mix the waterfront marina/slips with residential and retail around the Riverside Dr./Fairgrounds area.

We have a lot of stuff in the works, but nothing official. Everything is being slowed by the fact that some of our major areas are going through neighborhood re-designs and or new ordinances to control growth. Also, the Sango area is getting ready for the widening of Hwy 41-A from 3 to 5 lanes. That has slowed growth some there.

Oddly enough, the area surrounding Exit 1 near the KY state line has been put on a moratorium for building because of rapid growth, mostly residential. Clarksville seems to continually build residential, without building appropriate retail to complement these new residents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Haven't heard anything about The Paddocks shopping area before this article. I am guessing it is close to Providence? Wal-Mart and Lowe's for this project:

Wal-Mart, Lowe's to join Mt. Juliet project

By Chas Sisk • THE TENNESSEAN • January 28, 2009

edit: I found the right thread

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/2nd-Huge...uliet&st=20

Archived