Where is our Super Target?

fsubelch

What do you guys think? I think a super target, or target greatland (whatever they call there big targert stores) would be such a great addition to our area. A super Target would be nice instead of another super walmart.

Does anyone know the differance between a Super Target and a Target Greatland? It seems that they have both names for the large supercenters.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about a year ago or so that a Super Target was supposted to go out near Southwood in the near future.

There was a Greatland in Ft Myers when I lived there about 10 years ago, I don't know the difference between that and Super, however, I was there a few years ago & it had been converted into a Super Target.

I heard about a year ago or so that a Super Target was supposted to go out near Southwood in the near future.

There was a Greatland in Ft Myers when I lived there about 10 years ago, I don't know the difference between that and Super, however, I was there a few years ago & it had been converted into a Super Target.

Here's what Wiki had to say about the subject:

The construction of new Target Greatland stores has been phased out in favor of building SuperTarget prototypes or regular Target prototypes with expanded sales floors.[citation needed] The last Target Greatland opened in 2006 and is located in Staten Island, New York City.

I think Greatland stores were more like the prototype stores for the Super Targets. I use to frequent the one at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise, however that one too has now become a Super Target

Like TD, I've heard the new Target out by Southwood/Southside will be a Super Target.

• 1 month later...

I hate to sound like I'm being pessimistic, but I just don't see a SuperTarget doing well at Southwood right now. Perhaps at buildout, but with a Publix already there, and a Target no more than 4-5 miles away, it seems unnecessary -- to me anyway.

Now if we were talking Capital Circle NW... this would be a whole new conversation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I haven't seen any postings on this lately; so, I thought I would do a little research on the internet. What I came across was the site plan for this property. Based on the the size of the buildings being proposed, it would appear that there will not be a Target as rumored. The largest retail space is 77,000 sq.ft. According to Target's corporate website, their stores are 150,000 on up. If anyone is interested, the site plan is located at Staubach Retail Site Plan.

^ Interesting...Thanks for doing the research & finding this Scubaboy!

You're right, 77,000 sq ft isn't large enough for the rumored Super Target or even the rumored Lowe's or Home Depot....so the question now is WHO will occupy this 77,000 sq ft right near the new Super Wal-Mart?

It's a bummer because I was hoping for more from this location.

• 1 month later...

I can't go into too many details about my sources, but there will be a Super Target going up on Mahan right across from the new Costco. The area will be where the old car dealerships used to be (GMC and Hummer). The building should begin sometime later this year, but it is confirmed that one is coming.

I can't go into too many details about my sources, but there will be a Super Target going up on Mahan right across from the new Costco. The area will be where the old car dealerships used to be (GMC and Hummer). The building should begin sometime later this year, but it is confirmed that one is coming.

Archived