Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swu_BA_student

Haynie st project

23 posts in this topic

1z4llsi.jpg

I can't believe this thing is going up. I think it is going to be condos.

im8qr5.jpg

Think where the YWCA is. Down that street. Not Dunbar, which is the road that goes behind the high school. Yes, between church and augusta.

Think where the YWCA is. Down that street. Not Dunbar, which is the road that goes behind the high school. Yes, between church and augusta.

I believe this was approved by the planing commission for lot based subdivision of single family homes. :dontknow:

I know the general area, but I have no idea what I'm looking at here. How could this go under the radar (OUR radar that is) until construction commenced?

Nonetheless, it's great for this neighborhood and area AND the West End since it is close.

Anyone know anymore about this place? I've rode down the street a few times and they are starting to build. They've got the footers and brick laid for a couple houses.

They've also got a couple of houses on the street with the big orange D on them.

This street is a connector between Church and Augusta. If your on Augusta it is right across from the YWCA and if your on Church its right past the Zaxbys if your going towards Augusta

Drove by this development this weekend. This is excellent infill in an area of West End that needs it. Anyone have any more info? Website? Price range? Name of the development? etc?

Drove by this development this weekend. This is excellent infill in an area of West End that needs it. Anyone have any more info? Website? Price range? Name of the development? etc?

Construction of these moving right along:

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

I rode by this development the other day for the first time. Is this being done by the housing authority? I would hope for something more along the lines of Pendleton West...

I rode by this development the other day for the first time. Is this being done by the housing authority? I would hope for something more along the lines of Pendleton West...

Yes, Quinn and Saterfield did the houses and townhomes of pendleton west.

They are for Homes of Hope, but will also be available for the public to buy. I guess this is trying to jump start a revitalization in the section between church, augusta, and university. Also, of note is that Neal Prince is the architectural firm on this project.

Construction on these is moving along nicely. What a change these are bringing to this area of the city. :thumbsup:

IMG_0686.jpg

Woa! I sure hope this spurs some major revitalization for this area. Greenville could really use a great urban residential area. The way that this area ties in with The West End, County Square, Church Street, etc makes it seem like a good candidate.

I rode up this street yesterday and about 7 of the rundown houses had been marked with orange D's and all the people that used to sit around drinking out of brown bags and playing cards/dominos all day are gone. The block was a ghost town. The real problem was after dark when there would be so many thugs in the street you could barely get by them in a car. I was wondering how they were going to get those houses sold with all the activity down the street. Now I know, kick em out and tear down the houses.

Are these homes across the street from the new construction of homes behind the Scott Towers building?

Are these homes across the street from the new construction of homes behind the Scott Towers building?

Streets, sidewalks and some landscaping is starting to go in around the development:

IMG_2828.jpg

How much detail do y'all know on these? The last time I rode through, I thought it looked like they could very well double the number of homes they've built. Are there plans to, or will there just be some rather large gaps intermingled with the homes?

How much detail do y'all know on these? The last time I rode through, I thought it looked like they could very well double the number of homes they've built. Are there plans to, or will there just be some rather large gaps intermingled with the homes?