Haynie st project

swu_BA_student

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Anyone know anymore about this place? I've rode down the street a few times and they are starting to build. They've got the footers and brick laid for a couple houses.

They've also got a couple of houses on the street with the big orange D on them.

This street is a connector between Church and Augusta. If your on Augusta it is right across from the YWCA and if your on Church its right past the Zaxbys if your going towards Augusta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They are for Homes of Hope, but will also be available for the public to buy. I guess this is trying to jump start a revitalization in the section between church, augusta, and university. Also, of note is that Neal Prince is the architectural firm on this project.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I rode up this street yesterday and about 7 of the rundown houses had been marked with orange D's and all the people that used to sit around drinking out of brown bags and playing cards/dominos all day are gone. The block was a ghost town. The real problem was after dark when there would be so many thugs in the street you could barely get by them in a car. I was wondering how they were going to get those houses sold with all the activity down the street. Now I know, kick em out and tear down the houses.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived