Locations and Demand for Gaming/Hobby Shops?

A friend of mine wanted me to forward this question on to here. He wants to know if there's much demand for another hobby shop in the metro (think Games Workshop) and where one should locate. I suggested downtown but he's worried about theft, and seems to think 28th & Beltline is the best place. His biggest concern is visibility (which is where other similar places have failed in the past.)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does he mean theft during work, or after the store has closed? I can't imagine during store hours would be any more of a risk downtown than at 28th and the Beltline, or anywhere else for that matter. Kids of all social status and race like to shoplift video games. With the right amount of security measures, I think it could work anywhere.

Is theft at hobby stores a big issue? They don't appear to be high-target stores like banks, electronic stores, etc.

However, my complaint with most of the local hobby stores istheir focus on trains, figures, etc. Im a huge board game fan so any place that had a great selection I would certainly support.

I honestly think DT would be this best area especially if there's place to play. Go to work and meet friends afterwards for games.

Im a nerd I know!

Is theft at hobby stores a big issue? They don't appear to be high-target stores like banks, electronic stores, etc.

However, my complaint with most of the local hobby stores istheir focus on trains, figures, etc. Im a huge board game fan so any place that had a great selection I would certainly support.

I honestly think DT would be this best area especially if there's place to play. Go to work and meet friends afterwards for games.

Im a nerd I know!

What about this location on the 600 block of Wealthy St? There's a school behind it and residences all around. I'm sure the developer would love to get this project rolling ASAP. I think the rear building is slated for demo as well pretty soon. I could see this stretch of Wealthy, with it's existing shops, Wealthy on Charles, bakery, Litary Life Books, assorted antique shops, and Art of the Table, being the next area resembling Cherry St.

2137116392_ab24fa0609.jpg

A friend of mine wanted me to forward this question on to here. He wants to know if there's much demand for another hobby shop in the metro (think Games Workshop) and where one should locate. I suggested downtown but he's worried about theft, and seems to think 28th & Beltline is the best place. His biggest concern is visibility (which is where other similar places have failed in the past.)

Archived