Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mental757

COMPLETE: Slater Cotton Mill renovation

28 posts in this topic

PBN: "124 loft-style condos planned for Slater Cotton Mill"

http://www.pbn.com/stories/29550.html

"Brady Sullivan plans to spend $22 million to renovate the 164,175-square-foot mill, creating 124 market-rate loft condominiums..."

"Brady said his company will be teaming up with Starr Development, based in Lowell, Mass. They expect the renovations to take about seven months once building permits are issued within a few weeks, he said. "

PROJO Blog: "N.H. developer bucks economic trend with mill project"

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/newsbl...veloper_bu.html

What's the address? It's not in either of the stories.

'Hanx.

G-map. I love that parts of Pawtucket, like this one, got the Street View treatment. My block, too. Funny how they just missed Main Street.

PS. Cotuit, I tried that gmap tag to embed the map, but it didn't work. What exactly is the map ID that the tag is asking for? I just put in the URL they gave me in the Link to this page box.

Actually Google messed with their embed URL and there is something in it now that doesn't jive with UPs code. There's not a satisfactory work-around right now, so we've had to disable the functionality, I should probably tell Neo to take it out of the options.

Work actually started there the past couple of days - novel concept, actually starting work when you have a public groundbreaking...

This is a fantastic building - should be really pretty fantastic for the Bucket...

Looking at the StreetView, is this the building across Church Street from the surface lot or across Hill Street from the surface lot?

Its the huge mill building between Church and Union Streets.

Oh my! And they are renovating the whole thing!? That's big for the Bucket!

Isn't there another loft development going up on the other side of the Bayley Lofts? I think it is on Goff Ave. Maybe it's all part of one big project.

Isn't there another loft development going up on the other side of the Bayley Lofts? I think it is on Goff Ave. Maybe it's all part of one big project.

Hope Webbing in progress. GF's dad used to work there.

Nah, that one is way down on Main - this one is Union Wadding. Slater, Bayley, and Union are all different projects and developers.

Union Wadding, 'ats what I said. Watsamatta? Ya got p'tatoes in ya ee-uhs?

Seriously, that Slater Cotton job is a busy site as is UW. Didn't somebody say there was a big slowdown in construction somewhere?

Nah, that one is way down on Main - this one is Union Wadding. Slater, Bayley, and Union are all different projects and developers.

Thanks for the clarification! Has anyone been to any of the open houses they are running at Union Wadding? I have been wanting to go but live in Boston on weekends.

I've heard some rumors to the effect that Union Wadding is in trouble... seems there will be

I'm jumping into this discussion late, but it peaked my interest - mainly because I worked on a proposal for a would-be developer of Slater Cotton Mill. It was about 2 and a half years ago, and I guess this developer was interested in buying the property. We laid out some plans for one and two bed condos, some with lofts, and did a few quick renderings. We never heard anything about it until the current developer got involved. It's good to hear that the project is getting done, too bad my company isn't involved though. We usually don't do residential anyway, I think it was more that we knew the developer and wanted to show him the possibilities.

I drove past the mill on the way to the grant this morning and was very surprised to see alot of activity (on a SATURDAY!!) They must be in a big hurry to get this completed. Already it looks better with new windows as opposed to the red plywood.

They are doing a lot of really nice work to the outside of the building. I think all of the windows are complete, and the "Slater Cotton Mill" sign went up this week! Anyone know when this is supposed to wrap up?

They are doing a lot of really nice work to the outside of the building. I think all of the windows are complete, and the "Slater Cotton Mill" sign went up this week! Anyone know when this is supposed to wrap up?

The company is working to get the mill up and running by September...The New Hampshire-based company is currently leasing the apartments on site (a person is at the site most of the week) and I believe they have a unit to show prospective tenants. There willl be 125 or so apartments at market rental rates...Any questions call me at 724-5200. Herb Weiss, Economic and Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Pawtucket.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems they are leasing, so I'll assume this project is "COMPLETE." ???