COMPLETE: Slater Cotton Mill renovation

PBN: "124 loft-style condos planned for Slater Cotton Mill"

http://www.pbn.com/stories/29550.html

"Brady Sullivan plans to spend $22 million to renovate the 164,175-square-foot mill, creating 124 market-rate loft condominiums..."

"Brady said his company will be teaming up with Starr Development, based in Lowell, Mass. They expect the renovations to take about seven months once building permits are issued within a few weeks, he said. "

PROJO Blog: "N.H. developer bucks economic trend with mill project"

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/newsbl...veloper_bu.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Hanx.

G-map. I love that parts of Pawtucket, like this one, got the Street View treatment. My block, too. Funny how they just missed Main Street.

PS. Cotuit, I tried that gmap tag to embed the map, but it didn't work. What exactly is the map ID that the tag is asking for? I just put in the URL they gave me in the Link to this page box.

Actually Google messed with their embed URL and there is something in it now that doesn't jive with UPs code. There's not a satisfactory work-around right now, so we've had to disable the functionality, I should probably tell Neo to take it out of the options.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm jumping into this discussion late, but it peaked my interest - mainly because I worked on a proposal for a would-be developer of Slater Cotton Mill. It was about 2 and a half years ago, and I guess this developer was interested in buying the property. We laid out some plans for one and two bed condos, some with lofts, and did a few quick renderings. We never heard anything about it until the current developer got involved. It's good to hear that the project is getting done, too bad my company isn't involved though. We usually don't do residential anyway, I think it was more that we knew the developer and wanted to show him the possibilities.

• 1 month later...

I drove past the mill on the way to the grant this morning and was very surprised to see alot of activity (on a SATURDAY!!) They must be in a big hurry to get this completed. Already it looks better with new windows as opposed to the red plywood.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The company is working to get the mill up and running by September...The New Hampshire-based company is currently leasing the apartments on site (a person is at the site most of the week) and I believe they have a unit to show prospective tenants. There willl be 125 or so apartments at market rental rates...Any questions call me at 724-5200. Herb Weiss, Economic and Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Pawtucket.

• 5 months later...

Archived