Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ainulindale

Pittsburgh is 9th

7 posts in this topic

Hilarious. They think it sucks for singles but then say it's great for couples. What exactly is the difference? Well I guess I better read the article and see what it's all about.

Yeah, I guess your supposed to go somewhere else to find a mate, then come back to Pittsburgh when you're married. Makes a lot of sense :thumbsup:

For the most part, city rankings are useless. But I do think Pittsburgh is a great city for couples and should better market itself as such. I wouldn't bother with catering to young adult singles. That's not a strength for Pittsburgh. However, raising a family is.

Interesting that the bigger, more cosmopolitan cities have the lowest divorce rates.

Maybe Pittsburgh sucks for singles because it's great for couples. "Best Cities For Singles" ought to be exposed for what it really is: "Best Cities For People Who Are Afraid Of Commitment."

Maybe Pittsburghers approach relationships with the opposite sex in a more mature fashion, which is considered a drawback by single people who are only interested in "sowing their wild oats."

Whats wrong with same sex couples? You only mentioned opposite sex couples. A little offensive...