PROPOSED: Narragansett Brewery

I'd love for that to be the location, it'd bring jobs into the area and such. I'm just not sure whether the reaction to it would be a positive or a negative. It IS hard to predict at times exactly what would be well recieved and what would be seen as a major intrusion. A Narragansett Brewery/Beer Garden would definitely help along the surrounding businesses, though not immediately. Either way, I'm pretty sure that it will not be there.

Honestly, I can't imagine where they could possibly be thinking of putting this. Anywhere will likely surprise me.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
It's a nice rumor for sure, but don't hold your collective breath just yet. They are still only breaking even on the product and it might be too early to talk brewery. The article stirred up some hype, though, which is great. The point being, if you want to see a 'Gansett brewery, keep supporting 'Gansett and buying beer by the caseload.

At the same time, it would be in their interest as well as some other brewers in the area to have a place to brew larger quantities. The 'Gansett Bock and the Trinity IPA get bottled and brewed down in CT at Cottrell brewery (the rest of the 'Gansett line is being brewed in upstate NY right now). It might be too expensive to get all the bottling equipment, but i am sure Trinity would be happy to have a place closer by to brew large batches of beer.

I wonder where Newport Storm gets their stuff bottled?

the bock and porter are 2 very different beers. the porter is a porter... thicker and darker, more roasted in flavor. the bock is lighter and easy drinking with a slight roasted flavor. it's darker than the regular lager, but not thick or heavy like the porter. the bock is available in bottles, porter only on tap at select locations.

Archived