Velocity Rising

elguapo731

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've driven through the Gulch the past two days (down Pine St and 11th Avenue) and I have to say that area is becoming really COOL! I actually love the exterior of Velocity. Whatever type of stone (faux stone?) they're using looks great. It's slightly a different color on each section of the building, along with different colors painted higher up. Plus...the street level retail looks incredible. That area will soon be my favorite in Nashville. Let's hope the influx of residents in the area will keep retail hopping.

I also noticed Urban Outfitters looked to be open. I'm sure it's been open a while and I missed it on here...just glad to see it with people walking inside.

Sorry I don't have photos. If anyone has a street level photo update, please share. It's truly a remarkable transformation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Velocity Sales Center... is open inside the Velocity? I have not walked by there in a while.. but thats what I hear..

The street (Pine) has been paved, with lights strung across the top of it.. and there is a small fountain down the road into the development.

• 3 months later...

Velocity is having a ribbon-cutting ceremony today at 4pm for their grand opening..

NBJ article

Took a tour yesterday.. its actually pretty nice I think :) I like all the extras they have.. and how each different area seems like a piece of art, or somethin..

50% under contract, but the agent mentioned this will likely drop some..

He said there is a restaurant tenant to be announced today.. and another one in negotiations.. also again mentioned how the old sales center is space that "could possibly be used for a grocery store" but he didn't seem to give any definites on that one ;)

i also need to stop by to check it out. however my camera is currently out of town. does anyone know what is on the backside of the building? i thought they might landscape the back to visually set it apart from the rail yard. i thought i remember something about a greenway going through there.

I'll post some pics if I ever get a chance lol. I got some recent from inside the building.. and outside that are maybe a month old.

I agree about it not winning a beauty contest lol. But I still think its very cool looking.. i like it because there seems to be a lot about it that is just different.. not your usual condo building downtown.

The back side.. i haven't paid a lot of attention but don't think much has been done to it yet.. I believe, if I remember correctly, the plan is to have a greenway back there eventually, which connects all the way up to metrocenter? i think?

They are still finishing up things.. despite having the "ribbon cutting" lol.. there are several condos that are not quite complete yet.. and a few other amenities being worked on still.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to uploading some pics of my Velocity tour..

Sales center:

015-3.jpg

013-1.jpg

017.jpg

Inside a ground level unit.. (extra high ceilings to match retail ceilings on 1st floor)

020.jpg

021-1.jpg

023-3.jpg

025.jpg

Hallway (I think?).. seemed to be a good amount of this kinda thing.. turning a common area into a piece of art.

026.jpg

Patio on the ground level, with firepit and grills

030-2.jpg

Another unit..

032-1.jpg

with balcony..

034.jpg

and sliding room separators.. the cabinet thing inside there is built in also, part of the unit.. pretty cool (also has drawers, etc, accessible from the bedroom side)

035-2.jpg

One hallway outside of the units

038-1.jpg

Balcony overlooking the old sales center, aka possible "future grocery"

041-2.jpg

Courtyard in the middle of the units

042.jpg

050-1.jpg

The "Sky lounge"

043-2.jpg

044-1.jpg

046-1.jpg