I-20 Major Corridor

augga706

Another project now will be along I-20 in augusta. I think I-20 between atlanta and columbia will be develop all the way between both cities or almost in the next five years. Since atlanta is a large city and augusta and columbia are mid size cities. So that land has to be develop. And it looks like its on its way to doing that now. Also what do you think about all the projects being so closed to 520. Traffic won't be good augusta. :dontknow: Could you imagine a masters and trying to get to the forum augusta, riverwatch or VAR, or on 20 and 520.

The potential 67,768-square-foot store would sit on a 9.9-acre

If built, the store would be one of the area's largest outdoor retailers. By comparison, Academy Sports & Outdoors, which opened in 2006 at Owens and Washington roads in Evans, is about 77,000 square feet, and the new Dick's Sporting Goods store that opened last year at Augusta Mall covers 51,200 square feet.

the store has an adjacent 15,300-square-foot outdoor display area. The plan also includes a 24,488-square-foot space for Northern Tool & Equipment, another Minnesota-based retailer.

Sporting retailer eyes site near I-20

416795.jpg

West Augusta might become a seperate place but still being in richmond county like hephzibah, gracewood, and blythe. It will be so much more significantly develop than every area in the city and suburbs. Except for downtown

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This can be added to the thread since one of ADP's facility and the T-Mobile building are off wheeler rd and I-20.

The Mayor says Augusta will be known for more than just the Masters golf tournament and being the home of James Brown. It will be a place of national and international focus.

The Mayor says, at the rate Augusta is going, we will serve as a model for other growing city's across the nation.

http://www.wjbf.com/midatlantic/jbf/news_i...02-07-0014.html

The mayor says the city of Augusta is growing and it is time to look at making some big changes.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/15401961.html

What is the cleared plot of land on WWE at I-20, (across 20 from where the Forum is supposed to be located?) I know there is a relatively new Social Security Office, (I think) that has been there for a year or two but the cleared land is right behind it.

Good news about the Sporting Goods store and the Northern Tool! I love Northern Tool, I got my Greenhouse heater there!

Projects include the widening of Flowing Wells Road from Washington Road to Interstate 20, and closure of Marks Church Road at Wheeler Road.

FLOWING WELLS ROAD

Gadot will widen Flowing Wells to five lanes, including a concrete median, from Washington Road to the Interstate 20 interchange, where the road becomes Wheeler Road. Once the environmental study is complete, county officials will submit right of way plans to the state DOT.

MARKS CHURCH AT WHEELER ROADS

Officials say work crews will be working in the median areas until after Masters Week in April, when they will close Marks Church Road for 90 days to traffic.

DOT crews will be working in the median areas in preparation for an expansion of the Wheeler Road bridge and the relocation of the Bobby Jones Expressway west on-ramp from Wheeler Road to Marks Church Road.The work is just one part of the more than $191 million project to restructure the I-20/Bobby Jones I-520 interchange, which is expected to be complete in 2010.

Construction on major roads

2487740_170.jpg

A Bass Pro Shop, and REI will be at the forum and village at riverwatch. Or a location off I-2O/520.

Drivers traveling along construction-ridden I-20 can expect a number of lane closures this week.

Gadot workers say they will alternate lane closures on east and westbound lanes near the Belair Road exit.

http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/local/15515867.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Davis Road Project about done

The $23 million project included widening Davis Road and Walton Way Extension and the construction of an overpass and ramps. also involved curb, gutter and sidewalk work and construction of a concrete median.Davis Road leads to a new Interstate 20 interchange that is under construction on Walton Way Extension.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/041508/met_195095.shtml

Now that the Masters is over, the workers are back on the roads.

Construction work on I-20 resumed Monday.

There are also changes for drivers starting Tuesday in the Wheeler Road-Bobby Jones area.

Lanes on Wheeler between Marks Church Road and Perimeter Parkway are affected in the daytime.

The ramp from Bobby Jones North to I-20 East, heading toward downtown and Columbia, will close from 9pm to 6pm several nights this week. There will also be some lane closings on Bobby Jones at Wheeler at nighttime most of the week.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/17667219.html

• 1 month later...

On the interchange project, they're pouring the decks on the bridges over Scott Nixon and Bobby Jones. They're also building the structures that will hold up the bridge for the fly-overs that will get you from I-20 to I-520.

300 workers are putting in time just on the interchange project. Project managers say both projects are on or ahead of schedule.

Over on Wheeler Road, their trying to eliminate traffic congestion. They're tearing down the existing Wheeler Road bridge, and expanding it so it will have shoulders. More widening is here, just down the interstate near the Augusta Canal, it's also moving forward.

Workers are hard at work, adding an extra lane in both directions. So pretty soon you'll have three lanes to choose from. Which is exactly why all that work is being done at both Washington Road and Riverwatch Parkway where the bridges are being expanded. Project managers say the wait is worth it.

I-20, I-520 construction on track

Archived