Singapore

joeDowntown

Here are some pictures from my recent trip to Singapore. I am going back in a month and will get more. The city is booming. I'm sure things change from week to week.

Singapore Skyline

2250651136_21878d46fc_b.jpg

Singapore from across the Marina - Performing Arts center and many high-end hotels

2250651040_c6ebd0076f_b.jpg

Famous Singapore Fountain

2250650958_427c506a07_b.jpg

Small buildings like this seem endangered. An area has been set aside to ensure that the historic part of Singapore remains

2249852495_451de4ca25_b.jpg

Mile after mile of new residential

2250650778_f0235a0309_b.jpg

This seems to be the "newer" area of Singapore where mass transit doesn't currently reach (but will soon)

2249852297_5de1b47645_b.jpg

Joe

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be there in two weeks. I'll definitely get more pics. I think I'll get more time to roam the city and get some street level shots (I tried last time and ended up in the hardest rainstorm of my life). :)

Joe

Great photo-thread. I really enjoy the first photo of the skyline. It looks like a really vibrant city. I can see why you state its "booming".

Can we get a follow up photo tour upon your return visit?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

We're planning a trip to Singapore next week. We read about the Swim with Dolphins experience that is offered:

Swim with the Dolphins (at Dolphin Lagoon)

Swim with the Dolphins is an educational and enjoyable hands-on program with our lovely pink dolphins which will offer you a rare opportunity to learn more about our intelligent friends. Delight yourself through a close interaction with our charming pink dolphins at the Dolphin Lagoon. These pink mammals are known as Indo-Pacific Humpbacked dolphins.

Grab this rare opportunity to learn more about these intelligent pink mammals on various aspects such as husbandry behavior and their various characteristics. Under the guidance of our trainers, you can learn how to give simple hand cues and watch the dolphins perform their natural abilities such as wave their fins, balance a basketball, and even whistle! You will also get a chance to feed the dolphin too!

Price: S$150 per person (for program dates 1 March 2007 onwards)

Session: 9.45am daily (maximum of 15 participants), 1.45pm daily (maximum of 6 participants)

Has anyone done this before? Is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

______

muscle

Big Island Vacation Rental

Hi,

We're planning a trip to Singapore next week. We read about the Swim with Dolphins experience that is offered:

Swim with the Dolphins (at Dolphin Lagoon)

Swim with the Dolphins is an educational and enjoyable hands-on program with our lovely pink dolphins which will offer you a rare opportunity to learn more about our intelligent friends. Delight yourself through a close interaction with our charming pink dolphins at the Dolphin Lagoon. These pink mammals are known as Indo-Pacific Humpbacked dolphins.

Grab this rare opportunity to learn more about these intelligent pink mammals on various aspects such as husbandry behavior and their various characteristics. Under the guidance of our trainers, you can learn how to give simple hand cues and watch the dolphins perform their natural abilities such as wave their fins, balance a basketball, and even whistle! You will also get a chance to feed the dolphin too!

Price: S$150 per person (for program dates 1 March 2007 onwards)

Session: 9.45am daily (maximum of 15 participants), 1.45pm daily (maximum of 6 participants)

Has anyone done this before? Is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

______

muscle

Big Island Vacation Rental

Archived