Organic Food Stores in Charlotte

dxartist

I have recently gone 90% organic (yeah, I still need my Yuengling and eat at restaurants on occasion). I was simply tired of shopping at the conventional grocery store. My food bill has gone up about 30%, but heck, I feel better. Other than Tally's and The Home Economists, what other food stores carry organic? I find the variety somewhat limited in the meats and produce department at both stores and would like to expand the choices.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have recently gone 90% organic (yeah, I still need my Yuengling and eat at restaurants on occasion). I was simply tired of shopping at the conventional grocery store. My food bill has gone up about 30%, but heck, I feel better. Other than Tally's and The Home Economists, what other food stores carry organic? I find the variety somewhat limited in the meats and produce department at both stores and would like to expand the choices.

^ You are definitely not alone in that opinion. I eat organic quite often and have heard the same comments from others regarding Talley's cleanliness. For what it's worth I swear by Berrybrook Farm for great healthy lunches several days a week. They offer great variety at low prices.

I would say earth fare for meats, since it has a repuation for organic food, but to tell you the truth reids has the best meat /butcher in town.

Honestly whats more important than organic is buying regionally. I get my produce at either tallys or the farmers market, because its regional, not because its labeled organic. Organic really doesn't mean anything anymore, organic has become commercialized. Buying what is regionally grown is not only healthier for you, but healthier for the environment. NevER buy anything from california, there is definately something wrong with peaches in january. And as far as beer goes, I'm the ultimate, i brew my own from home.

finally got over Earth Fare near South Park. Too bad it's kind of hidden save for that sign, but nevertheless, I really like the variety of stuff unlike Tally's or Home Economist. It actually felt like a grocery store. Knew it's on the pricey side, but it didn't matter. Overall, I will be going back every week for the regular shopping. Can't wait for the farmer's market to open up for the fruits and veggies.

I stayed away from the Cali peaches :thumbsup:

finally got over Earth Fare near South Park. Too bad it's kind of hidden save for that sign, but nevertheless, I really like the variety of stuff unlike Tally's or Home Economist. It actually felt like a grocery store. Knew it's on the pricey side, but it didn't matter. Overall, I will be going back every week for the regular shopping. Can't wait for the farmer's market to open up for the fruits and veggies.

I stayed away from the Cali peaches :thumbsup:

Archived