Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockhilljames

What is it?!

11 posts in this topic

So the question earlier about the Englishman got me wondering....are there any stores or places in Charlotte that you're wondering what they're like, or even what they are?

I'll start...on South Blvd....what the HECK is the Cobber???!!

I've always been too scared to find out....

Scarier is the Spanish business just south of Scaleybark that says "Colon Express"

I haven't seen that...(Colon Express) but that is scary!

A private club! That makes a little more sense. I'm still curious as to what they do there, but now I'm guessing the answer is drink.

Scarier is the Spanish business just south of Scaleybark that says "Colon Express"

I've always wondered about "Belle Acres" on South Blvd. I just Googled it and found "Belle Acres Golf & Country Club." Really?

^ Complete with a miniture golf course that their members buy "real estate" around :)

OK, I've got one: Star Travel (beside Mac's on South Blvd). Is it REALLY a travel agency? I've never seen anyone going into or out of the place. I did peek in the window one night when going to Mac's for BBQ. Lots of mail in the entry way, but no sign of life. HMMMM....

Charlotte.com's yellow pages has it listed under the category of: "Packaging, Shipping & Labeling Services, Shipping Companies"

The sign in spanish in this picture says something like "Send cargo/packages to Central and South America"

US-28209-386033914_2006-05-01-21-59-4854335.jpg

Colon Express has got to be one of the best business names ever.

Belle Acres is awesome! A friend of mine was a member there and used to take me there for lunch. It is AMAZING inside with memorabilia from some amazing people. Getting a membership there is close to impossible.