smeagolsfree

Nashville College & University Expansion

I lived in a suite in Carmichael 1 and yes, it was a typical slum apartment. Cinder block walls, institutional beige, low-loop carpeting, aluminum frame windows. Ah, home sweet home. 

I admit that the lobby area was fairly attractive (for 28 years ago) but when I visited about 10 years ago, it looked drab. 

I hope the new design will have several points of connection between West End and the higher ground on the south side of the building. Like open stairs/plazas between buildings. 

• Like 2

TSU recently unveiled a rendering of the new Health Sciences Building to be built on the main campus.  The building is still in the design phase.  It will be 120,000 square feet.  I wish there were more renderings to get a better idea of the design but I guess once the final design is approved there will be additional renderings released.  Still no news on the two new dorms that are also in the design phase.

Screen-Shot-2018-01-08-at-4.37.26-PM.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

TSU recently unveiled a rendering of the new Health Sciences Building to be built on the main campus.  The building is still in the design phase.  It will be 120,000 square feet.  I wish there were more renderings to get a better idea of the design but I guess once the final design is approved there will be additional renderings released.  Still no news on the two new dorms that are also in the design phase.

Screen-Shot-2018-01-08-at-4.37.26-PM.png

Where on campus would this be built? 

12 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Where on campus would this be built? 

The release didn't say.  Some have speculated that it will be on the southwest side of the campus.  That would be on a hill that is bound by Clare Ave. and Albion Street.  That entire portion of the campus was purchased as buffer between the university and what used to be a massive housing project.  Most of it slops downwards to Albion and 38th.  But there is portion that is relative flat and sits behind a dorm and is adjacent to the Music Bldg and Performing Arts Center.  It's also possible that it could be built on the open land near the presidents home that is bound by John Merritt Blvd and Ed Temple Blvd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2018 at 8:47 AM, markhollin said:

Belmont University's Bruins Hill Dorm (11 stories, 600 units) update. Bricks starting to go on, windows installed.

You can see this building from really far away in many directions. Coming up I-65 it is easily visible. Cant wait to see it completed and appearing as a castle-like beacon.

• Like 4