Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Demo starting on homes for Belmont Performing Arts Center.

Looking NE from intersection of Belmont Blvd. and Compton Ave:

Belmont Perf Arts Center, Oct 20, 2018.jpg

I drove by there about an hour ago and thought, "I should post this on UP."  Of course, Mark is WAAAAAAY ahead of all of us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing catch up after being out of town.

Thanks for getting the locations listed PT4!:tw_thumbsup: Many times when you try to find the information on parcel viewer or development tracker, the address listed is the main university address. The same goes for Vanderbilt Trevecca, Belmont, and Lipscomb.

If you know when some of the buildings were built and the locations on the campus, that would be very helpful. I am trying to put buildings constructed after 2000.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KJHburg said:

My niece mentioned it but ended up at the Frothy Monkey for lunch LOL 

Frothy Monkey is a solid choice. How much longer are you here for, and what time are you getting to Arnold's Country Kitchen tomorrow for some country fried steak?!

• Like 2

David Lipscomb University is going to build a 3 level 300 capacity parking garage that will be imbedded in the interior of the campus when future expansion continues.  hope to break ground in the spring of 2019

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/education/lipscomb-university/article/21033150/lipscomb-plans-300space-parking-garage

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.50.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.50.53 PM.png

On 11/21/2018 at 1:29 PM, dxfret said:

I think Lipscomb University has some of the worst architecture ever.  The buildings all look uninspired, bland and cheaply constructed.  What a contrast to the fantastic buildings at Vanderbilt and Belmont. 

I mean, Lipscomb is Church of Christ affiliated which is one of the most conservative brands of Protestantism out there, what did you expect?  Not too long ago they would hold your degree for drinking alcohol, even if you were of age.  LOL

• Like 2

Just now, Mr_Bond said:

Connecting conservative Protestants to bland architecture just doesn't work.  There are many, many examples throughout history of the opposite being true.

If you sign an agreement with the school that states the terms of getting a degree from that institution, then you are obligated to abide by those rules if you want the degree.

True. Lipscomb just doesn't have the money the other schools do. And now that they have started bland they are keeping it bland.