Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

^ Hmmmm.... let me do so digging around and see if I can come up with anything.  I don't recall any announcements about building anything there.  I wonder if it could be parking expansion because the new dorm under construction eliminates a good portion of a parking lot.  That area has always been fenced in.  I can't tell from the pictures if it's additional fencing.  TSU didn't always own that land.  It was purchased in by the university in the late 80's to provide a buffer between TSU and the housing project that used to sit between the campus and I-40.  TSU tore down an apartment complex that sat on that property and across the street on another hill.  It was called College Hill Apartments.  It had become a drug infested area and TSU wanted it gone.  There was an attempt to clean it up in the late 80's but it was a little too late at that point.  The mindset about the complex was just to ingrained for people to get over what it had been.  Sad part about was, the remodeled units were decent and provided affordable housing.   TSU first purchased the land pictured above.  When the attempt to remodel the other section which was on the hill to the southeast failed, TSU purchases that land as well.   TSU thought about saving the apartments, but even with them being remodeled, they learned that it was mostly cosmetic.  There were other issues structurally and infestations of practically every creature you could imagine.

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 1

Impressive! Thanks for the pics. Now I know why I wasn't able to see the enormous columns when I drove by back in late June. I had seen them in a photo posted on this forum and wanted to see them up close. They're covered up with the heavy plywood. Good move! 

Edited by MLBrumby

Belmont Univ. Indoor Athletic Training Center ( 2 stories, 45,000 sq. ft. ) update.  Some pillars forming above fresh foundation walls.

Looking SW from Compton Ave., 1/2 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Athletic Training Ctr, July 25, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking south from Compton Ave., 1/4 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Athletic Training Ctr, July 25, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from Delmar. Ave., 1/2 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Athletic Training Ctr, July 25, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 4

Belmont Univ. South Garage and Tennis Facility (4 stories, 830 spaces) update.   Brick work underway.

Looking west from Delmar Ave., 1/2 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Garage:Tennis, July 25, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking NE from Delmar Ave., 1/2 block east of Belmont Blvd:

Belmont Univ Garage:Tennis, July 25, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking east from Compton Ave., 1/4 block east of Belmont Blvd:

Belmont Univ Garage:Tennis, July 25, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking SW from Compton Ave., 1/4 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Garage:Tennis, July 25, 2020, 4.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...