Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

We join Boston, NYC, Chicago, & Philadelphia with Colleges of Medicine in their cities and when I say cities I mean proper not suburb's. You can almost say LA but no.

Do you mean we join those cities with having three colleges of medicine?

41 minutes ago, BNAfan said:

Wow, exciting news.  What “prominent location” makes the most sense for the medical school building?  Is 150k sq feet comparable to their other large buildings fronting Wedgewood? 

Let the fun speculation begin.  

Thanks!

Since HCA is their partner, I wonder if it'll be near an existing HCA facility such as the HCA HQ and Centennial along Charlotte.  Lots of universities have medical schools that aren't located on or near the main campus.  UT's medical school is 400 miles from its main campus, as an extreme example.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1

Impressive that Belmont is taking that step, for the 3rd med school in Nashville. Dont know if yall know this but Austin just got its 1st med school a few years ago when Michael Dell, billionaire, put up most of the money for the UT school. The city hospital, Brackenridge, had a long relationship with UT various life science and engineering programs, and I took a class at Brackenridge as part of the biomedical engineering block at UT (from Austin's first cardiologist Tom Runge). The city just tore it down and transferred operations to the new Dell-Seton medical center across the street, so UT is not managing the med center, Seton does. The healthcare footprint in Austin has been pretty lightweight and I have always mentioned this on the blogs over the years when ppl are deciding between Austin and Nashville for relocation. I don't know if there are any transplants done there; as of 5 years ago you had to go to San Antonio for a transplant.

Edited by dragonfly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Since HCA is their partner, I wonder if it'll be near an existing HCA facility such as the HCA HQ and Centennial along Charlotte.  Lots of universities have medical schools that aren't located on or near the main campus.  UT's medical school is 400 miles from its main campus, as an extreme example.

So you're saying the school could potentially be located in a 50-story, 750' skyscraper in CBD, right?

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, jmtunafish said:

Do you mean we join those cities with having three colleges of medicine?

There is that big tower for sale next to HCA Capitol View...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Belmont University South Garage/Tennis Training Center (4 stories, 830 spaces) update:  Finishing up brick work; windows being set; lights/fencing installed for tennis training center on roof.

Looking SW from Compton Ave., 1/2 block east of Belmont Blvd:

Belmont Univ South Garage, Nov 8, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Compton Ave., 1/2 block east of Belmont Blvd:

Belmont Univ South Garage, Nov 8, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Compton Ave., 1/4 block east of Belmont Blvd:

Belmont Univ South Garage, Nov 8, 2020, 3.jpeg

Looking NE from Delmar Ave., 1/4 block east of Belmont Blvd:

Belmont Univ South Garage, Nov 8, 2020, 4.jpeg

Looking NW from Delmar Ave., 1/2 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ South Garage, Nov 8, 2020, 5.jpeg

• Like 4

Belmont Univ. Athletic Training Center (2 stories, 45,000 sq. ft.) update: Topped out; prepping for brick work.

Looking SW from Compton Ave., 1/2 block west of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Athletic Train Ctr, Nov 8, 2020, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of 15th Ave. South and Compton Ave:

Belmont Univ Athletic Train Ctr, Nov 8, 2020, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from intersection of 15th Ave. South and Delmar Ave:

Belmont Univ Athletic Train Ctr, Nov 8, 2020, 3.jpeg

Looking north from Delmar Ave., 1/2 block west of 15th. Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Athletic Train Ctr, Nov 8, 2020, 4.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...