Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

American Baptist College will be adding a 3 story structure to its campus at 1800 Baptist World Center Drive (between West Trinity Lane and the Cumberland River). A $1.5 million permit has been issued for R.C. Matthews to start the work.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/permit-patrol-31-may-2021/article_855b560a-bfe9-11eb-aea6-574a20817a7c.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Belmont Univ. Caldwell Hall (11 stories, 606 beds) update: Excavation continues for adjoining garage to Trailkill Parking Garage south of the dorm; up to 5th level of dorm on east end.

Looking SW from alley south of Caldwell Ave., 1/4 block west of 12th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Caldwell Hall, June 12, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking south from alley south of Caldwell Ave., 1/4 block west of 12th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Caldwell Hall, June 12, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking NW from alley south of Caldwell Ave., 1/4 block west of 12th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Caldwell Hall, June 12, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking SW from Caldwell Ave., 1/4 block west of 8th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Caldwell Hall, June 12, 2021, 4.jpeg

Looking SE from Caldwell Ave., 1/2 block east of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ Caldwell Hall, June 12, 2021, 5.jpeg

• Like 4

If this has already been noted please forgive me for the repeat.  Apparently the Predators are building a facility in Clarksville that will be part of a new basketball arena for Austin Peay.  This was stated in an article about TSU pursuing D1 Men's and Women's Hockey.  The article is pretty lengthy so I didn't want to post it here.  So below I've posted an excerpt from the article regarding where would TSU play if it decides to move forward with hockey.  In this portion of the article the APSU facility was mentioned.  This article can be found here Inside TSU's plans to become the first HBCU with D1 hockey teams .  You may have to subscribe to The Athletic to read the whole article.  TSU's Office of Alumni Relations emailed the article for alumni to view.  

The Predators are building a fourth rink complex with a fifth on the horizon in the Nashville area, so a place at which to practice and perhaps play some games at least in the short term would be possible with the Predators’ help.

“We’ll play almost any role needed to make this happen,” Henry said.

The Predators are also involved at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tenn., helping build a 6,000-seat arena with a rink attached for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. It’s a $130 million project. The university isn’t planning to use it for hockey, but what if there was a similar facility on campus at TSU, Henry wondered aloud.

“What other needs does TSU have?” Henry asked. For instance, is there a need for a new basketball facility or something else that could benefit the university along with having a place for the hockey teams to play in front of fans on campus?

If the Predators are willing to help TSU build a facility, I can assure you most TSU supporters will want it connected to a new football stadium.  I don't know if that is even possible.  But, since people are exploring ideas, why not put  that into the universe... :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

I imagine with Eddie George as TSU's coach, he will be very supportive of TSU getting a hockey team. IE more investment into TSU is better overall. 

I really want TSU to be the first HBCU to have a men's hockey team...that would be so cool for TSU, Nashville, and hockey. 

Eddie has already spoken positively about the prospects of hockey at TSU.  He sees it as another opportunity to bring exposure to TSU  as a whole and TSU athletics.  And, as you stated, he sees it as a commitment to invest in TSU.

• Like 4

Thanks Mark for the awesome shots!
I'd say this is the finest looking building under construction  in Tennessee. Nicer than the fed buildings or new state museum buildings under construction, and pretty much anything else under construction anywhere else. It's a masterpiece inside and out. 

Edited by rolly
  • Like 4

Belmont Univ. Caldwell Hall (11 stories, 606 beds, attached garage) update: crane base in place for garage (that makes 3 on the site); dorm up to 7th level.

Looking SW at garage dig from alley to the west of 8th Ave. South, 1/4 block south of Caldwell Ave:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Dorm, July 11, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking west at garage dig from alley to the west of 8th Ave. South, 1/4 block south of Caldwell Ave:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Dorm, July 11, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from Caldwell Ave., 1/4 block west of 8th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Dorm, July 11, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking SE from Caldwell Ave., 1/2 block east of 15th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Dorm, July 11, 2021, 4.jpeg

• Like 4