Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

I was fortunate to attend the first symphonic presentation at the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Belmont Univ.  last night.  The acoustics are exquisite.  Here's the Nashville Philharmonic Orchestra sharing Shostakovich's "Festive Overture,"  Oct, 12, 2021.

Does this center compete with the symphony hall downtown for business? 

I think this is more for the university, but I will bet there can be some overlap, but Nashville is becoming big enough now that the competition is minimal as Nashville is such a draw for the concert crowd as a destination city. 

I use to not think that way, but have since changed my mind as the city has changed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Does this center compete with the symphony hall downtown for business? 

I think it will compete more directly with TPAC. My understanding is that Nashville Opera and Nashville Ballet are looking at this for some of their productions. I expect it will be booked with a pretty solid schedule of local and touring acts. (In addition to the multiple University uses for the venue.) This has potential to be a good revenue generating asset.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I'm not sure how much competition there will be as I'm guessing the new hall won't serve alcohol as the campus is alcohol free. :tw_wink:

The lack of alcohol sales will cut into revenue for the venue, but I don’t think that the lack of alcohol sales would cause many booking agents to select another venue. (Certain acts would certainly prefer a more rowdy…drunk…crowd. But not the majority.)