Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

Belmont Univ. Frist College of Medicine (6 stories,  160,000 sq. ft., underground garage for 350 cars) update: hole seems to be at bottom across the entire site now. 

Looking SE from alley between 15th Ave. South and 14th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Acklen Ave:

Belmont Univ, Frist School of Medicine, Jan 4, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from alley between 15th Ave. South and 14th Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Acklen Ave:

Belmont Univ, Frist School of Medicine, Jan 4, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 4

On 12/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, PillowTalk4 said:

These are on the TSU Athletics website...

image.png.b95c7daa3fbab164f0ff8d0d61492065.pngimage.png.0b982c6aff3765c190092e1cfb3d713b.pngimage.png.f642b144a31967db26a37a8fdda90cff.png

Update: According to the Director of Athletics at TSU, this project is waiting on  final approval from the State. 

Is it me or does it seem like it takes the State a long time to approve the simplest of projects?  This project really doesn't involve a great amount of construction.  The existing covered outdoor basketball pavilion will be enclosed and small additions will be added on each end.  I know electrical, HVAC and plumbing comes into play along with  some other requirements, but this simply is not a major project

It is also my understanding that the State has reviewed the plans for the TSU Alumni Center and that they want it to be relocated from the planned site of 33rd & John Merritt Blvd to Schrader Lane and Ed Temple Blvd.  Not sure why they want it relocated there, but it appears approval is contingent on that recommendation from what I'm hearing.

• Like 2

Belmont Univ. Caldwell Hall (11 stories, 606 beds) update: brickwork about 80% complete.

Looking SW from Caldwell Ave., just west of 12th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Hall, Feb 27, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from alley behind The Store, 1/4 block south of Caldwell Ave:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Hall, Feb 27, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from Caldwell Ave., 1/3 block west of 12th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ, Caldwell Hall, Feb 27, 2022, 3.jpeg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Belmont Univ., Frist School of Medicine (6 stories, 160,000 sq. ft., underground garage) update: crane base set for 2nd tower crane at NE conrer of site.

Looking SE from Wedgewood Ave. at 14th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ, Frist School of Medicine, March 5, 2022, 1.jpeg

Belmont Univ, Frist School of Medicine, March 5, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from Wedgewood Ave. at 14th Ave. South:

Belmont Univ, Frist School of Medicine, March 5, 2022, 3.jpeg

It is astounding how different the entire block of 12th Ave s and wedgewood look from just a few years ago. Next to be developed in the smoothie king building I’m sure.