Nashville College & University Expansion

smeagolsfree

I agree. That's the perfect spot for a new stadium. Once the new stadium is complete tear down the old one, expand Hawkins field and modernize the lobbies and bathrooms in Memorial. Then build a parking garage office combo with street level retail activation on what is left of the old space.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 2:09 PM, markhollin said:

Images released of the new David Lipscomb University student residence building going up along Belmont Blvd

Along Belmont? Are they putting it behind the library or up towards Glen Echo?

Edited by claya91

On 9/16/2016 at 0:47 PM, smeagolsfree said:

One sports comment; (don't ban me!!).. if Vandy decides to change coaches, Les Miles (LSU) is now available. Yeah, it's a stretch, but.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Belmont University looks to keep expanding with a large new dormitory.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20836329/belmont-eyes-residential-hall

I don't one bit miss former "Colonial Village" apartments, which these comprised before Belmont got a hold of them.  That was the best thing that could have happened to those things, which were quite seedy when I used to hang in them during the early 1970s.  Once can imagine what went on in them back then.

Lipscomb University's new Fields Engineering Center, currently under construction.  As part of an institutional overlay established some time ago, the university had acquired and has finally leveled an entire city block, the northwest corner of which lies at Belmont Blvd. at Grandview Dr.  The Fields Center is set back from ready-view from the road, as it is located immediately east and north of the recently constructed Nursing and Health Sciences Center, which faces the Blvd.  The Fields Center faces south, and is expected to replace the existing engineering labs, classrooms and offices located in both the James D. Hughes Center and the very recently opened McFarland Science Center, these two of which front the Blvd.

View facing north-NE from court yard, located east (behind) the Nursing and Health Sciences Center

Lipscomb_2016-1009_Fields_Engr_Cntr-05.JPG

View facing east-SE from Belmont Blvd.

Lipscomb_2016-1009_Fields_Engr_Cntr-06.JPG

View facing SE from northwest corner of campus property

Lipscomb_2016-1009_Belmont&Grandview.JPG

Lipscomb_2016-1009_Fields_Engr_Cntr-01.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

More discussion about TSU's possible expansion, including a new football stadium:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/education/article/20837079/tsu-eyes-oncampus-football-stadium

They need a new stadium.  Playing in Nissan Stadium probably dulls the "college experience" for a program the size of TSU.  A stadium the size of MTSU's (which I think is about the minimum size to be D1) would be good for TSU and help provide that Saturday college game day experience for their students and alumni.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2016 at 1:41 PM, Nashtitans said:

^how many seats? looks like 30,000

I believe TSU will be considering 25K to 35K.  

21 hours ago, 21jump said:

That reminds me of Alabama State University's recently opened football stadium in Montgomery.

The TSU rendering is several years old actually, but there are some similarities. The ASU stadium has an upper deck on the home side.  If you look at the TSU rendering, conceptually it's basically an upgraded version of the current on campus stadium with end zone seating and defined promenades.  I think when you're looking at building stadiums for these size programs you'll see a lot of similarities because there will be tighter budgets that will not allow for a lot of deviation from basic design.  There just aren't going to be a lot put into the facades, which is typically what will differentiate stadiums the most.

• 3 weeks later...