"Event Parking"

MadVlad

I went to "Bodies Revealed" yesterday in Hartford 21, great little display, a few things I would have done different, but whatever. I did get banged by "event parking" though. It appears there was some monster truck rally yesterday as well, so, despite the sign that says "$8 all day Saturday", we got hit for a $10 charge to park in the XL Canter parking garage. What a racket....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, for someone with 2762 posts, you sound like you've never been to Hartford before. You could have parked on the street for free in a million places, you could've parked for $4 at Morgan Street Garage or in a surface lot. You sound like an ignorant suburbanite. They obviously will always raise prices for events, if you're so lazy you have to park in the connected garage. I guess you'd hate Boston, where TD Banknorth parking is ~$30. Get a life.

Wow, I see mikel's response in blackstone's reply, luckily, I have him on ignore, so I never see his posts, I see he hasn't changed. Gouging for parking isn't the right of the city, it's borderline criminal. Call me what you want, but it doesn't change the fact that price gouging is wrong and impede's progress in the city. Just so you know, we brought my daughter with her stroller and I didn't want to park at Morgan St. In fact, We had a second vehicle with us, or I would have parked in the AT&T lot for free. That just proves you don't me or my situation, so you need to pipe down. Thanks to whomever deleted that post.

Yeah, that post sounds unneccisarily pissed off..some people just like flaming.

However, his point is correct... Wow...10 dollar parking?

Have you recently been to pretty much ANY other city that is hosting an event(s)?

Street parking woulda been your best bet, I hardly think $10 for the garage that is actually attached to the event is anything to complain about....

Have you recently been to pretty much ANY other city that is hosting an event(s)?

Street parking woulda been your best bet, I hardly think $10 for the garage that is actually attached to the event is anything to complain about....

Archived