Charlotte Gateway Station and Railroad Improvements

dubone

25 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

Its 3.2M square feet spread between these sites.

image.thumb.png.556d7e99e266b4e3991e271184d2ab53.png

Actually the master development agreement is signed, and I have rendering  updates as early as December 2021. The rendering I posted above is not old. Please note that if I didn't have the up to date information I would not be putting it on here. 

I trusted you to post the latest renderings in your possession, which were from 2019.  Wasn't sure whether office-heavy plans from a pre-covid world might have fallen victim to real estate trends, significant changes in priority and design and some value engineering, but if you're saying they're still representationally faithful, then great!  Thanks for sharing.  Here's to seeing this get out of the ground this decade.

Edited by RANYC

A minor but nice aspect of these towers is that they will stretch the skyline NW a little. Right now it's starting to look sort of NE-SE linear, like Atlanta's, especially when factoring in South End. Having the high density look more like a square than a rectangle is good for walkability and also just looks better imo. The Vue will also start to look less lonely, lol.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, CLT Development said:

The rendering above is not from 2019, the screen shot of the station plan I posted a page or two back is. The rendering I posted has been used by the developer in the past year and is current.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:44 PM, CLT Development said:

Its 3.2M square feet spread between these sites.

image.thumb.png.556d7e99e266b4e3991e271184d2ab53.png

Actually the master development agreement is signed, and I have rendering  updates as early as December 2021. The rendering I posted above is not old. Please note that if I didn't have the up to date information I would not be putting it on here. 

Where is 500 W Trade? Is that included in the highlighted area? 

1 hour ago, DamicoKaren said:

Where is 500 W Trade? Is that included in the highlighted area? 

It's the white roofed building North of N Graham St, and to the left of Crave Dessert Bar (W 5th St).  There's a road to the North side of 500 West Trade Apt's that separates it from the highlighted area.  (Note my cardinal directions are based on the layout of that screenshot, not true North)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kermit said:

No. No transit project is certain until the Full Funding Grant agreement is signed by the Feds (and even then). In order for that to happen the line needs to reach 60% engineering completed (IIRC) and have the local match money in hand.

Charlotte has a route selected (but no one is sure about it) and a small portion of the engineering done. But all of this effort could just sit on a shelf until the end of time. I would not be draining my 401k to bet on the Silver Line just yet. 

The embolden is correct 

On 10/21/2022 at 7:56 AM, Matthew.Brendan said:

This RR yard will never (in our lifetimes) be moved. Forget about capping 277 and get the ball rolling on capping the rail yard instead.

Restored connectivity, parks, office, residential.

I agree. I support the city getting this land, but wish it was for this instead. I don't put very high odds on the Silver line ever happening though.

• Like 2

Does an action like this mean that we are 100% certain the Silver Line will happen? As far as I was aware there were still some votes and important hurdles to get over before anything became a true certainty.

Increase frequency on blue line will probably need more storage and maintance space anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...