~hanna montana is no conservative

i cant take it. i overheard at the local fish market a small child threaten to set her house on fire if she didnt get tickets to see this movie.

what is all this hanna montana mess, pregnant?,,,, charging 17$ for movie tickets to see a recorded concert. concert tickets for $1500 bucks- i bet dvd's will be $100.

i cannot believe parents are wiling to go see this mess. this country is guilty of building britney spears factories across rural america for our youths. this bobblehead underworld of the cat keeping society of america combined with the jeeper creepers media machine is responsible for the majority of greenhouse gasses spewed out into the warming atmosphere and the future displacement of residents of the former greenland.

i will be forced to raise my kid in a coffee can.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i cant take it. i overheard at the local fish market a small child threaten to set her house on fire if she didnt get tickets to see this movie.

what is all this hanna montana mess, pregnant?,,,, charging 17$ for movie tickets to see a recorded concert. concert tickets for $1500 bucks- i bet dvd's will be $100.

i cannot believe parents are wiling to go see this mess. this country is guilty of building britney spears factories across rural america for our youths. this bobblehead underworld of the cat keeping society of america combined with the jeeper creepers media machine is responsible for the majority of greenhouse gasses spewed out into the warming atmosphere and the future displacement of residents of the former greenland.

i will be forced to raise my kid in a coffee can.

Every time I run across Hanna Montana or any singer or group along these lines that are aimed at teens and tweens, I'm reminded of those mind-numbing Kid's Bop CD's advertised on TV. They all have that same pasteurized homogenized mish mash of rock pop dance and hip hop. It's music dumbed down for a materialistic society and perfectly designed to maximize the corporate bottom line.

Every time I run across Hanna Montana or any singer or group along these lines that are aimed at teens and tweens, I'm reminded of those mind-numbing Kid's Bop CD's advertised on TV. They all have that same pasteurized homogenized mish mash of rock pop dance and hip hop. It's music dumbed down for a materialistic society and perfectly designed to maximize the corporate bottom line.

I have to confess that my daughters rented a Hannah Montana DVD, and I actually found myself laughing in a couple of parts of the show (the DVD is based on her series on the Disney Channel, which we don't have). Sort of reminds me of the old Saved by the Bell episodes. In a world of horrible Hollywood stars, I'd say she's not that horrible. But obviously we don't allow our kids to worship her, or anyone else for that matter. :thumbsup: And we're not paying $17.00/ticket to go see the movie.

How does pop music have anything to do with materialism that other music doesn't?

Every genre save for maybe classical has a cadre of products that you're supposed to buy if you're a real fan.

Even local music devotees buy T-Shirts and CDs.

Just making a point. :) I cannot stand tweeny-pop, but since I hate it, I don't listen to it. Its existence is no more or less valid than any other musical genre.

Okay, I've been hearing all this Hanna Montana hype for almost a year now. I knew that it was a Disney series and that she had concerts, but I didn't know what the big deal was. So I looked it up!

Apparently, the show is produced by the same people who made another Disney Channel Series "That's so Raven." HM received almost 5.4 million viewers. That's huge!

I guess they are just trying to capitalize off this by introducing products, concerts, etc.

Nothing wrong with that. I'd take my kids to see her as long as her television personality is respectable. Although, it appears she is a good person in real life. And the pregnancy rumors are false.

My daughter (7) likes Hannah Montana. I've watched the show with her and haven't seen anything on there that I'm too worried about (except for the teenage crush "that boy's so cute" stuff, not quite ready for my daughter to go down that road yet). We would cut her off if we thought she was beginning to worship her. It is a harmless fad and Disney is all in to milk it for all it is worth.

Hannah Montana=greenhouse gasses? What the heck is that about?

Archived