~hanna montana is no conservative

I agree. With all of the Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan's of the world, I have no problem with my daughter loving Hannah Montana. Her head appears to be on straight and her parents raised her right. And as GRDad said, as much as I hate to admit it, I laugh at the TV show too. :)

Joe

Okay, I've been hearing all this Hanna Montana hype for almost a year now. I knew that it was a Disney series and that she had concerts, but I didn't know what the big deal was. So I looked it up!

Apparently, the show is produced by the same people who made another Disney Channel Series "That's so Raven." HM received almost 5.4 million viewers. That's huge!

I guess they are just trying to capitalize off this by introducing products, concerts, etc.

Nothing wrong with that. I'd take my kids to see her as long as her television personality is respectable. Although, it appears she is a good person in real life. And the pregnancy rumors are false.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. With all of the Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan's of the world, I have no problem with my daughter loving Hannah Montana. Her head appears to be on straight and her parents raised her right. And as GRDad said, as much as I hate to admit it, I laugh at the TV show too. :)

Joe

Dude, Miley Ray Cyrus (and her alter-ego Hannah Montana) is about the best thing that has happened to young girls in a long time. I'm no prude, but I don't like getting blindsided by 15-year-old cleavage like' you'll see on other teen programs. I watch Hannah Montana all the time with my kids and its always appropriate and the message about staying humble even as a star, is a good one.

Miley Cyrus aint your enemy

I was sitting in a bar with my friends having drinks and watching the Rose Bowl when across the room we spied what we could not tell was a man or woman sitting at another table. With blond flowing hair and a purse and heals though a noticably masculine physique and face, (s)he screamed androgyny. Being somewhat less than enthusiastic about the rose bowl we started playing Man or Woman? and occupied ourselves during lulls in the game. I was, at this time, awakened to an allegory in Hannah Montana, wherein a young girl merely dons a wig and suddenly nobody recognizes her.

From that moment on, our cross-dressing friend across the way acquired a new name and Hannah Man-tana was born.

That new American Gladiators was pretty bad.

My current worst show is Jericho on CBS. It has an interesting premise, but they ruin it with uninteresting characters. It's like the writers went out of their way to appeal to make the show extra sappy. I wish all the characters would just die. I started watching the show on the recommendation of a friend who has no taste, I should have known better.

I was sitting in a bar with my friends having drinks and watching the Rose Bowl when across the room we spied what we could not tell was a man or woman sitting at another table. With blond flowing hair and a purse and heals though a noticably masculine physique and face, (s)he screamed androgyny. Being somewhat less than enthusiastic about the rose bowl we started playing Man or Woman? and occupied ourselves during lulls in the game. I was, at this time, awakened to an allegory in Hannah Montana, wherein a young girl merely dons a wig and suddenly nobody recognizes her.

From that moment on, our cross-dressing friend across the way acquired a new name and Hannah Man-tana was born.

Archived