Miller Road

wolverine

I cannot recall any time in my lifetime when this major thoroughfare has seen a good resurfacing. Drove on it Friday evening and thought I was going to break my suspension. The I-75 overpass and ramp intersections are the worst!

Additionally, while there have been some facade improvements, there's a huge lack in streetscape aesthetics. Bay and Tittabawasee Roads up in Saginaw recently combated this problem with new street lamps, decorative fencing, and TREES. Never thought about it, but look for trees! Hardly any until you get to the mall.

Thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's funny you brought this up. I was on Miller Rd. this past Sunday and the weather seems to have made this road even worse than it already was. I don't remember it ever being this bad. Thankfully, I believe Miller is supposed to finally be redone this year (or possibly next year - I can't exactly remember).

I highly doubt we'd see uniform street lamps or decorative fencing there considering, like you, I've never even seen Miller Rd. even have more than a few hundred feet of smooth surface. I think that area does have some sort of CBD commission (unless they did actually dissolve it like they were talking about) so I guess there's still a small hope for at least something pleasing to the eye.

As far as the trees, I don't think Flint Township allows trees in a commercial district. Genesee Valley Mall was grandfathered in. (Joking, of course :P)

• 2 weeks later...
That's funny you brought this up. I was on Miller Rd. this past Sunday and the weather seems to have made this road even worse than it already was. I don't remember it ever being this bad. Thankfully, I believe Miller is supposed to finally be redone this year (or possibly next year - I can't exactly remember).

I highly doubt we'd see uniform street lamps or decorative fencing there considering, like you, I've never even seen Miller Rd. even have more than a few hundred feet of smooth surface. I think that area does have some sort of CBD commission (unless they did actually dissolve it like they were talking about) so I guess there's still a small hope for at least something pleasing to the eye.

As far as the trees, I don't think Flint Township allows trees in a commercial district. Genesee Valley Mall was grandfathered in. (Joking, of course :P)

There was a segment on the ABC12 news at noon today about this, and the road commission starting today is going to start replacing the traffic lights, and it sounded like perhaps eliminate some of the lights as well. I really hope for the later, because it gets so annoying having to stop less than every 100 ft. between Ballenger and I-75.

• 1 month later...

Archived