Campus Master Plan for Southern University?

SUSAstudent

For those of you that have visited Southern. You may have noticed that the campus is split in two directions by a ravine and Lake Kernan. On the western side of campus, where the Bluff, cafeteria, and SU System Administration offices are located, all of the buildings are very similar in design. The northernmost point of campus, called "the back" (if you ever walked Southern's campus, you would know why its called that . . .the dorms are wayyyy in the back . . lo), where the dormitories, infirmary, and the site where the proposed rec center is, all the buildings are similar in style. The core of campus, where the union, library, law center, and classroom buildings are located, all have similar design. . . .

My question is . . . what the hell is going on? It seems like every time you cross some water over here, the design of the buildings change.lol If you were to present a master plan for SU's campus, how would you go about designing it? Personally, I like the older buildings over towards the Bluff. The yellow brick that we use over here is hideous to me.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been awhile since I have been out to "The Yard". I had a friend that played football there and would visit some; and also looked into the Sign-Language program that never really got off the ground.

Keep up your enthusiasm SUSAstudent :thumbsup: Get a small group together and make some recommendations to the school leaders. It never hurts to try.

I'll have to check-out the campus site plan. It's a nice campus; and the bluff overlooking :shades: the river is as good as it gets.

The (newer) Palisades apts. sure look nice near the R.R. overpass. Is that mostly students there??

It has been awhile since I have been out to "The Yard". I had a friend that played football there and would visit some; and also looked into the Sign-Language program that never really got off the ground.

Keep up your enthusiasm SUSAstudent :thumbsup: Get a small group together and make some recommendations to the school leaders. It never hurts to try.

I'll have to check-out the campus site plan. It's a nice campus; and the bluff overlooking :shades: the river is as good as it gets.

The (newer) Palisades apts. sure look nice near the R.R. overpass. Is that mostly students there??

Archived