Some Hartford pictures I took

The Voice of Reason

I posted these pictures on Skyscraper City 1 year ago. As it turns out this site much more suits my interests. So I thought I would post these pictures over here. So Feb-1-07 would be an approximate time stamp here.

IMG_2004.jpg

This picture was taken from 280 Trumbell Street facing north, North west. The building is often called the prudential building. You can see the Hilton on the left. It is attatched to the Civic center. You can see the "park" that streatches over I84

IMG_2003.jpg

Same location just looking more to the NE. The building is commonly called the Stiltz building. It holds FOX 61. This building has the Hartford stage attatched to its garage. Also in the distance partially obsucred by the stiltz building is the Crowne Plaza hotel across the highway and near the river.

IMG_1993.jpg

This is taken from the 12th floor of 10 state house square (recently bought for $96M) also facing NE. You can see the CT river. To the right of that you can see Uniprise building. In the foreground you can see part of constitution plaza. On the left you can see the back side of Capitol community college, and the roof of the marriot (city steam brewery) MMMM...Beeer!!!

at the very bottom you can see some townhouse type buildings. They are the new temple street. and in the middle is the Morgan Street Garage

IMG_1992.jpg

A better view looking North of the Stiltz Fox 61 building and CCC. Plus the cathederal witch they are fixing up and well all the buildings in the foreground have been fixed up recently.

IMG_1991.jpg

looking more NW you can see 280 Trumbull. The building I took those other pictures from.

IMG_1989.jpg

here is a better look at the work being done on Temple street.

So these pictures are facing West from again the 12th floor of 10 statehouse square.

IMG_2000.jpg

Here you see part of Hartford 21 on the left side, The Civic Center low and in the middle, The Hartford Life Insurance far away in the background. and you can see the buildings that make up Pratt street in the foreground on the right.

IMG_1999.jpg

A look down Asylum street.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

Thats the Bank of America building that would be looking to the SW. The new owner wants to knock down the garage to the extreme right and build a new garage with an additional 300 spaces and convert the top 15 or so floors into 50+ condos.

IMG_1996.jpg

The main at grade parking lot in downtown. Joe Blacks resturant just opened up there a year and a few months ago helping the area out.

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

City place I and II, Hartford 21

on the left you can see 100 Pearl street.

The sad thing is I dont have a view of Goodwin square. It is hidden by city place and is the 4th tallest building in the city and I think maybe the nicest on street level and from a distance. (cant say anything for inside)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

part Deux

These were all taken from the south side balcony of the 14th floor of 10 SHS. sometime over summer.

BOA building, and the gold building, world HQ of UTC Corp.

IMG_1356.jpg

Hartford Hospital in the background, Old church in the foreground, and the Bushnell on the park complex in the middle

IMG_1355.jpg

Travelers in the background, and the Central row buildings. the old state house roof.

IMG_1354.jpg

1 SHS on the left, The Phoenix companies HQ, the new Mariott, and part of the Travelers compound.

IMG_1353.jpg

1 SHS up close and personal like. and XL logo on 100 Constitution Plaza

IMG_1352.jpg

a better shot of the Old Statehouse

IMG_1357.jpg

A nice shot down Asylum Street

IMG_1358.jpg

Down Main street looking South

IMG_1359.jpg

Steel from the science center. its topped out now and the sheething is going on as weather permits.

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

The onion dome of the Colt Gateway factory being converted to mixed use.

IMG_1363.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A stroll I took maybe 2 weeks ago. I will call it March 20 or so 2008

Temple Street from Constitution Plaza. I think the first pic captures the look of the street and city and gives you an idea how the Sage Allen project has changed the look of the area.

IMG_0161-1.jpg

IMG_0162-1.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

Image of the decorative stone images along Temple street. There are 10 or so I am posting 2 shots

IMG_0156-1.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Hartford School of making lots of money. It also shows you the temple street apartments from a different angle.

IMG_0159.jpg

I then went to the planning department to look at plans and afterward decided to walk over to the Science Center (those shots are in the science center thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Took these pictures a little over a year ago. They are from a pretty unique location.

On top of a house on in Frog Hollow.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Yeah I told you its a unique view.

you can see Downtown

Billings Forge

The Hartford office supply building

and The Hartford Lyceum.

Now these are from todays walk around town. Nothing special, and honestly I didnt walk too far.

city029.jpg

city030.jpg

city031.jpg

city032.jpg

city033.jpg

city034.jpg

city035.jpg

city036.jpg

city037.jpg

city038.jpg

city039.jpg

city040.jpg

city041.jpg

city042.jpg

city043.jpg

city044.jpg

city045.jpg

city046.jpg

city047.jpg

city048.jpg

It is my pride and joy. I honestly spoild myself on my birthday just before going away on vacation I baught my dream camera.

Cannon G-10

its frekin 15 mega pixels. I love that I can suck at taking pictures, and it makes me look good :P

The craziest thing is that most of the phots of city stuff end up taking up 6 megs, but my hosting site reduces everything down to 1 meg, so what I post on here looks like crap compared to on my monitor.

Honestly this camera is amazing and I highly suggest anyone pick it up if you have the means.

one of my best friends who does a lot of traveling and scuba bought one because his friend had the G-9 wich he envied, and seeing my pictures of Europe pushed hi over the edge.

My sister in law also bought one even though she is dead broke.

its just that pimp.

anyways, thanks for the compliment, but as you can see all the credit goes to the camera, and that just took slaving away to corporate america to get. :)

Boca Rosa looks pretty cool. My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn for her birthday last month and it was during their soft opening. The owner was walking around and seemed really proud of his new place. We only stayed for a little while though on our way to dinner at Dish, which was really good. We then hit the Russell for drinks and some fried plantains, which are awesome for all who haven't tried them. This part of Downtown is really coming to life. It was a great night out on the town and felt like the city was really a great place to be.

• 1 month later...

regarding the hotel, this is from their web site.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-photo...mp;pageID=HWREC

click the images and you can see the 3 areas are clearly on the top of the hotel

<H3 class=photo-title>Indoor Pool</H3>(photo 13 of 23)

Relax and unwind in our beautiful, roof-top pool adjacent to our fitness center and spa and overlooking downtown Hartford and the Connecticut River.

<H3 class=photo-title>Jacuzzi</H3>(photo 14 of 23)

Enhance your Connecticut getaway as you relax in our Jacuzzi at the indoor pool.

<H3 class=photo-title>Concierge Lounge</H3>(photo 12 of 23)

Concierge-level guests at our downtown Hartford hotel can enjoy complimentary beverages and hors d'oeuvres, as well as views of the Connecticut River. It's amenities like this that make our Connecticut Convention Center hotel a cut above the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

I drove down Rt 5 in East Hartford the other day and snapped photos at nights.

East Hartford obviously has a messed up "main street" but I suppose there is still a bunch of potential as well.

you will see that I turned onto CT blvd and took a few pics of the skyline from infront of the car dealers before crossing the bridge.

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg