Some Hartford pictures I took

The Voice of Reason

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so I went for a little walk, but the things I saw that interested me today were seen from my office window.

WE HAVE A RICKSHAW!!!

Pictures113.jpg

we had a few vendors today

Pictures102.jpg

and if this picture does not make you wish these were apartments, I will have to take it again on a sunny day :P

best little vista in town.

Pictures114.jpg

all the glass has been removed.

Pictures103.jpg

Pictures106.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I went to the Asianfestival/Dragonboat races today to see what its all about.

Being that this is the first year it's been a 2 day event, I was impressed with what I saw.

I think I will do my best to make it to the main day next year. I kind of also want to join the company dragonboat team.

I only took a few race pictures, mainly took video.

Also I obviously walked around a little as well. The city looked very nice from East Hartford.

enjoy!

Summer09003.jpg

Summer09005.jpg

Summer09006.jpg

Summer09008.jpg

Summer09009.jpg

Summer09010.jpg

Summer09011.jpg

Summer09012.jpg

Summer09014.jpg

Summer09015.jpg

Summer09019.jpg

Summer09020.jpg

Summer09044.jpg

So I went to the Asianfestival/Dragonboat races today to see what its all about.

Being that this is the first year it's been a 2 day event, I was impressed with what I saw.

I think I will do my best to make it to the main day next year. I kind of also want to join the company dragonboat team.

I only took a few race pictures, mainly took video.

Also I obviously walked around a little as well. The city looked very nice from East Hartford.

enjoy!

Summer09014.jpg

Thanks Zahc,

I was more documenting than trying to take any "nice pictures" but every time I am under that bridge I just can not resist attempting something visually interesting.

The ladies were a dragon boat team of breast cancer survivors and had just posed for a picture there before starting their pre race meeting(photo) then stretching.

I have a very nice picture of my wife and I under that same bridge from "pipes in the valley" 2 years ago.

as far as every city starting to look the same I have a theory about that.

Developers are now national

Architects are national and international

and the corporations that occupy them are national as well.

if you think of any skyline picture there is likely to be a Stern or Pai built by Hines or Boston Properties and occupied by Bank of America, Starbucks, and Mariott.

the building signage is the obvious tie in nation wide.

I kind of took a bunch of "logo" buildings today because We happen to have 3 new corporate logos on our buildings in the last week.

Northeast Utilities moved its HQ downtown, the new Hampton Inn and Suites just put their sign up as they work on the interior, and the supprise addition of the UBS logo on the bottom of the Hartford Steam Boiler Insurance building.

• 2 weeks later...

After the HYPE thing I took some night pictures.

nothing fancy, just turned off the flash and leaned against street lamps to stabalize the camera.

Summer09245.jpg

Summer09251.jpg

Summer09253.jpg

Summer09254.jpg

Summer09256.jpg

Summer09257.jpg

Summer09258.jpg

Summer09259.jpg

Summer09260.jpg

Summer09261.jpg

Summer09262.jpg

Summer09263.jpg

the last shot is from me pulling to the shoulder on I84 dumb idea, I know, but I was actually on the grass, and traffic was light. still heavy enough to mess up all my pictures. this is the best one I got.

Summer09271.jpg

After the HYPE thing I took some night pictures.

nothing fancy, just turned off the flash and leaned against street lamps to stabalize the camera.

Summer09245.jpg

Summer09251.jpg

Summer09253.jpg

Summer09254.jpg

Summer09256.jpg

Summer09257.jpg

Summer09258.jpg

Summer09259.jpg

Summer09260.jpg

Summer09261.jpg

Summer09262.jpg

Summer09263.jpg

sit at the corning statue, at dusk, facing east, and just look all around. then turn your camera loose.

the last shot is from me pulling to the shoulder on I84 dumb idea, I know, but I was actually on the grass, and traffic was light. still heavy enough to mess up all my pictures. this is the best one I got.

Summer09271.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

11AM to 11PM.

we went home for 1 hour to change, and decided to eat at citysteam, but 10 out of 12 hours i would call pretty good dedication :)

its just a grand time. sure it help when your herritage is scottish, but this event and well every time I watch Braveheart are just about the only times I aknowledge being anything other than an American Mutt :)

Pipes in the Valley at night.

I took very few pictures untill I was leaving. The free Scotch, the ciguar and the music got in the way of the camera.

Sorry for the many versions of the same pisture, I didnt want to determine wich was the best. I might edit some out.

Summer09541.jpg

Summer09542.jpg

Summer09543.jpg

Summer09544.jpg

Summer09545.jpg

Summer09546.jpg

Summer09547.jpg

Summer09548.jpg

Summer09549.jpg

Summer09550.jpg

Summer09551.jpg

Summer09552.jpg

Summer09553.jpg

Summer09554.jpg

Summer09555.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I had friends visiting, and I snapped some pictures around town.

There is a video in there from some festivities associated with the wolfpack game

Big weekend included the marathon but I took no pics of that for some reason. Exploration of the CT science center, exploration of the Wadsworth Antheneum, Beers at CitySteam, dinner at Sallys Comedy back at CitySteam, and generally walking all over town and taking it al in. Today we hiked up Talcott Mountain to Heubline tower to cap it off.

My friends were all kinds of impressed with the city, and everyone including me were just plain impressed with the Wadsworth. the science museum totally rocked, but we were kind of shocked with the quality of pieces in the Antheneums collection.

It was definately an awsome weekends to show people around the city. and her are the pictures that have no people I know in them :)

Fall09001.jpg

Fall09002.jpg

Fall09003.jpg

Fall09004.jpg

Fall09008.jpg

Fall09009.jpg

Fall09010.jpg

Fall09011.jpg

Fall09012.jpg

th_Fall09026.jpg

Fall09013.jpg

Fall09014.jpg