Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twoshort

House Fire

6 posts in this topic

A house on my block (900 block of Sigsbee St SE) had a fire a couple of weeks ago when I was out of town. Apparently it was contained to only interior damage and the tenants were not in the home. Now the house has all the windows boarded up with plywood. What can I do as a concerned neighbor to make sure it doesn't stay like this? My block has had a lot of improvements in the last year or so and we really don't need this bringing down the image and bringing with it all the things that boarded up homes bring.

A house on my block (900 block of Sigsbee St SE) had a fire a couple of weeks ago when I was out of town. Apparently it was contained to only interior damage and the tenants were not in the home. Now the house has all the windows boarded up with plywood. What can I do as a concerned neighbor to make sure it doesn't stay like this? My block has had a lot of improvements in the last year or so and we really don't need this bringing down the image and bringing with it all the things that boarded up homes bring.

I'd guess that the most likely delay would come from the insurance company, and you probably won't get too far with them as a neighbor. I would locate the owner and just try to talk with him/her about it.

Stupid insurance people... :P

Yeah I'll give it time, I just want to make sure it's not looking like that for a couple months.

Just be glad we don't live in Detroit or that house would never be taken care of.