Best Southern Malls

Huntsville_secede

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way what is the largest mall in the south besides the Houston Galleria excluding hotel or office space, I know Riverchase Galleria in Birmingham is listed as the largest mixed-use project in the Southeast at 2.4 mil, but the property owner's websites only lists it at 1.55 million. I'm assuming that 2.4 million includes the Wynfrey hotel and 17 story office tower, but the mall of Georgia feels so much bigger to me and it has many more stores.

The 1.55 million, I thought it was 1.7 hmmm, is referring to JUST the mall portion. I think there's a mall in Ft. Lauderdale that is the largest. I'm not sure though. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the Riverchase Galleria is larger than the Mall of GA even in terms of just the mall portion. But, don't have all the figures so I'm not sure. The Mall of GA does feel larger, but that might be because you're so used to the Riverchase Galleria.

Kentucky Oaks Mall in Paducah, KY is the best pound for pound mall I have ever been to. It's not the largest or the newest mall, but it has been well maintained, managed, and re-developed constantly over the years to keep its retail mix to about the most attractive and useful of any mall I have been to for it's size. It's the regional mall for parts of four states as well, so this may have played a factor in it's ability to maintain it's lure and attractiveness for the last 30+ years.

• 4 months later...

Southpark Mall in Charlotte, NC

Concord Mills Mall in Charlotte, NC

The Streets At Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC

Four Seasons Town Centre Mall in Greensboro, NC

Friendly Shopping Center Mall in Greensboro, NC

Carolina Place Mall in Pineville, NC

Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC

Triangle Town Center Mall in Raleigh, NC

Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, NC ( One of the Largest in the south)

Florida

Aventura (just north of Miami)- I went just before xmas, it took me almost 2hrs to park. That was a nightmere but I thought it was a really good mall.

International Plaza (Tampa, FL)- Expensive but a very good mall.

Mall at Millinea- The best mall I've been too in Orlando but I think it is a little overrated.

Lincoln Rd Mall (Miami Beach)- I don't know if it is really a mall or not but it was a very unique and interesting place.

I wouldn't rank the Bal Harbour Shops as being one of the best malls in Florida unless you're exceedingly wealthy. Here are just two of the cars I saw in the parking lot...

Misc037.jpg

Misc038.jpg

• 7 months later...

Southpark Mall in Charlotte, NC

Concord Mills Mall in Charlotte, NC

The Streets At Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC

Four Seasons Town Centre Mall in Greensboro, NC

Friendly Shopping Center Mall in Greensboro, NC

Carolina Place Mall in Pineville, NC

Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC

Triangle Town Center Mall in Raleigh, NC

Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, NC ( One of the Largest in the south)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
No, the largest mall in SC is actually Haywood at midway between 1.2 million and 1.3 million square feet.

http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet/Haywood.pdf

Coastal Grand is currently 1.1 million. It does have long range plans to add on and increase size to 1.5 million. It isn't there now though. Haywood tops Coastal Grand by about 150,000 sq ft.

http://www.burroughschapin.com/OurProperti...83/Default.aspx

• 1 month later...

1- Dadeland Mall and Downtown Dadeland-Miami

2- Mall At Milenia- Orlando

3>Aventura-Miami

4 Boca Town Center-Boca Raton

5 Lenox- Atlanta

6. The Florida Mall- Orlando

7. International Mall- Tampa (Althogh seems to be in decline a bit already, Robb & Stucky is a main anchor and the mall is pretty narrow crowded, doesn't look like much was put in to the archeticural perspective of the mall)

8.Southpark-Charlotte (seems to have improved and is making an effort for Charlotte to have an actual upscale retal attraction.)

9. Mall At Weelingotn Green- West Palm Beach

10.Riverchase Galleria-BHam (Has seen better days, hopefully they will return.

Best looking renovated older mall: Orlando Fashion Square, still a beautiful mall, needs to get some of the former retail back. It sits in a trendy part of town in the downtown neighborhoods, the retaurants and other retail surrounding the mall has a lot of trendy customers, including downtown Baldwin Park , the mall is mainly ignored by this crowd because of the attraction to Millenia which is not too far away.

As Far as I've seen in the south and Florida, Orlando has some very upscale outdoor shopping attractions, Winter Park Village as well as Park Ave. in Downtown Winter Park, Baldwin Park, College Park, Avalon Park,Veranda Park. There are several large outdoor malls, Simon's Waterford Lakes Village, The Gardens at Fowler Groves in Winter Garden, The Loop in Kissimmee , also Uptown Altamonte and the Altamonte Mall, Posner Park near Davenport, Colonial Town Park and Seminole Town Center. Orlando is Florida's "other" retail paradise, next to Miami/South Florida. I would rate the best shopping cities in the south as

1. Miami

2. Atlanta

3. Orlando

4. Charlotte

5. Tampa. St. Pete

6 New Orleans, if nothing has changed much.

7. Nashville

8. Birmingham

9. Raleigh

10. Richmond

1- Dadeland Mall and Downtown Dadeland-Miami

2- Mall At Milenia- Orlando

3>Aventura-Miami

4 Boca Town Center-Boca Raton

5 Lenox- Atlanta

6. The Florida Mall- Orlando

7. International Mall- Tampa (Althogh seems to be in decline a bit already, Robb & Stucky is a main anchor and the mall is pretty narrow crowded, doesn't look like much was put in to the archeticural perspective of the mall)

8.Southpark-Charlotte (seems to have improved and is making an effort for Charlotte to have an actual upscale retal attraction.)

9. Mall At Weelingotn Green- West Palm Beach

10.Riverchase Galleria-BHam (Has seen better days, hopefully they will return.

Best looking renovated older mall: Orlando Fashion Square, still a beautiful mall, needs to get some of the former retail back. It sits in a trendy part of town in the downtown neighborhoods, the retaurants and other retail surrounding the mall has a lot of trendy customers, including downtown Baldwin Park , the mall is mainly ignored by this crowd because of the attraction to Millenia which is not too far away.

As Far as I've seen in the south and Florida, Orlando has some very upscale outdoor shopping attractions, Winter Park Village as well as Park Ave. in Downtown Winter Park, Baldwin Park, College Park, Avalon Park,Veranda Park. There are several large outdoor malls, Simon's Waterford Lakes Village, The Gardens at Fowler Groves in Winter Garden, The Loop in Kissimmee , also Uptown Altamonte and the Altamonte Mall, Posner Park near Davenport, Colonial Town Park and Seminole Town Center. Orlando is Florida's "other" retail paradise, next to Miami/South Florida. I would rate the best shopping cities in the south as

1. Miami

2. Atlanta

3. Orlando

4. Charlotte

5. Tampa. St. Pete

6 New Orleans, if nothing has changed much.

7. Nashville

8. Birmingham

9. Raleigh

10. Richmond

• 5 months later...

I have heard that Millenia is very nice, but I have never been there. I think that it could have the potential to kill The Florida Mall, but that would only happen if they snatched Nordstrom or Saks. If they took Nordstrom, upscale stores would close and Saks could eventually move too (or vice-versa). I doubt that it will happen, but its possible. Owings Mills Mall (Baltimore) had a Saks & Lord & Taylor when opening, but crime started and both closed. Anything like that would not happen unless crime started in The Florida Mall area or if Millenia attracted all of the tourist.

• 5 months later...

Archived