Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

richyb83

New Downtown Wayfinding Signage

14 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of pics from the new downtown wayfinding signage program; phase I of the Visitors Amenity Plan

feb08011jg5.jpg

feb08010kc5.jpg

Good article about this in the Opinion section of the Advocate a couple weeks ago :thumbsup:

Our Views: New signs were overdue

Published: Feb 4, 2008

Copycats!!! lol Those look almost identical to the ones we have been seeing in recent months.

I know they're not copying ours, as those things are commonplace in many cities but when I saw them I thought "hey, those look familiar!" :D

They look good, by the way.

:lol: Downtown BR has been so behind on many things. To think, this year the traffic signals synchronization at 30 intersections will finally be replacing the one's from waaay back in the 60's :rolleyes: Another example in 2005 (one of the catalyst in downtown's rebirth) the Shaw Center for the Arts did not even have Cable/Internet service for the building; but at least that was quickly taken care of; the advantage they were able to install the latest high-tech fiber optic stuff.

So it not too hard to believe it took this long to get the signs downtown. Now that I think about it....why didn't we already have this??? Anyway, it's good BR seems to be taking the steps in becoming a legit city!

The new signs for Spanish Town and Beauregard Town will be cool looking and unique :shades:

:lol: Downtown BR has been so behind on many things. To think, this year the traffic signals synchronization at 30 intersections will finally be replacing the one's from waaay back in the 60's :rolleyes: Another example in 2005 (one of the catalyst in downtown's rebirth) the Shaw Center for the Arts did not even have Cable/Internet service for the building; but at least that was quickly taken care of; the advantage they were able to install the latest high-tech fiber optic stuff.

So it not too hard to believe it took this long to get the signs downtown. Now that I think about it....why didn't we already have this??? Anyway, it's good BR seems to be taking the steps in becoming a legit city!

The new signs for Spanish Town and Beauregard Town will be cool looking and unique :shades:

Here is some of the new street wayfinding signs. Pardon the lighting; the clouds were playing tricks

32608014ai0.jpg

These new cool looking maps of downtown have also popped up :shades:

32608015hb6.jpg

Those look nice. I'll have to go back downtown and look for them.

these street signs, this is the only one i've seen so far, maybe this intersection is a beta test.

Sixth%20Street.JPG

Cool looking sign, thanks for posting this LT :thumbsup: Good to see the upgrades continue for downtown!

Here's a new article from today....

Officials to mark downtown signs completion

Officials will mark the completion today of the Downtown Wayfinding Signage Program, which put 90 signs in and around the central business district

Downtown District Wins Sign Award

The Downtown Development District won the International Downtown Association

Great news....also there is a new AT&T Location...getting ready to open up on 3rd and florida across from the pizza spot.....i seen the signs yesterday while i was at work taking a lunch break.....im glad to see 3rd st. come back alive

That's pretty neat that our city got that award. I guess we're movin' on up. :D