Charlotte Domain Names

grodney

Did you know the following domain names?

parkandrec.com = CharMeck Park and Rec (or whatever its official title is)

rezoning.org = CharMeck Planning Dept

homebrew.com = Charlotte business Homebrew Adventures (bought by Alternative Beverages a couple years ago)

These are 3 examples of pretty generic domain names that belong to entities in Charlotte.

I've always been amazed that they got ParkAndRec, but the others are good too.

Other generic ones in the area?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

This sees like an appropriate enough topic. Has anyone else experience the phenomenon where all of the charmeck.org properties (including the ones listed above) are consistently unavailable at night? There's always a fun combination of server errors and 404's, but generally nothing is accessible. Does the last person out of the office turn off the lights and hosting server or something?

I'm sure it is a cost savings and security measure, and I would expect that other than a dozen or two of us on UP, very few people look at city web pages after midnight. But yes, the city website content goes down after 11p or midnight during daylight savings time (no joke, it doesn't even adjust for that).

I'm sure it is a cost savings and security measure, and I would expect that other than a dozen or two of us on UP, very few people look at city web pages after midnight. But yes, the city website content goes down after 11p or midnight during daylight savings time (no joke, it doesn't even adjust for that).

Archived