Yale Plans For Biggest Expansion In Decades

The Voice of Reason

Yale University is moving forward with plans to build two residential colleges, an expansion that could create the largest increase in the student body since the Ivy League college began admitting women in 1969.

The new colleges would allow Yale to ease crowding and increase its undergraduate enrollment to about 6,000 students, up 12 to 13 percent from 5,300. Faculty would be added, Levin said.

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews...0,5110972.story

I guess this is good stuff. I think that pretty much anything yale does is good for NH. its not like the school is going to build something tacky looking, and with the other development going on in the city its not going to erode the tax base any great length to tear down some bad area. Especially of the downtown highrises happen as planned.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
I guess this is good stuff. I think that pretty much anything yale does is good for NH. its not like the school is going to build something tacky looking, and with the other development going on in the city its not going to erode the tax base any great length to tear down some bad area. Especially of the downtown highrises happen as planned.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-apyal...,0,434694.story

trustees have approved plans

Yale President Richard Levin announced Saturday that the Yale Corporation has authorized creating two new residential colleges that will increase student enrollment by 15 percent to nearly 7,000.

not sure how much this will change NH, but the new students surely have to bring many service jobs with them as well as professorships etc.

Archived