5th and Main - Feb 2008 photo update

HopeGardensGuy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey franktown, do you love otters? haha, just messing with ya. and hey, if my mouth tells me it's good, then it IS good for me. of course i say this now while i'm 25 and still have some metabolism left, 10 years from now.....not so much.

• 3 months later...

More pix! Sorry, they make take some time to load.

Some pretty recent pictures, showing the complex as it approaches first move-in. I've also put some of what I know about the project, with associated photos, at http://web.me.com/gstasko/5andMain

The townhouses as seen across the courtyard from the tower. The underground parking entrance is visible on the right.

5andMain1.jpg

An overhead shot of the courtyard

5andMain2.jpg

An interior photo of one of the units, facing downtown

5andMain3.jpg

A shot of the end townhouse from the stairway

5andMain4.jpg

5andMain5.jpg

The new entry road that comes in from Main/Gallatin.

5andMain6.jpg

A shot of the roof above the outdoor green space

5andMain21.jpg

5andMain22.jpg

5andMain23.jpg

Another interior shot

5andMain24.jpg

Here you can see the white roofs of the townhouses - I guess they're supposed to be good re reflecting more heat in the baking sun.

5andMain25.jpg

5andMain26.jpg

A closeup of one of the courtyard-facing balconies

5andMain27.jpg

A view of the rooftop balconies on the townhouses

5andMain28.jpg

An interior shot of one of the larger, more dramatic, two-story units.

5andMain29.jpg

5andMain210.jpg

A view through the green space towards the stadium

5andMain211.jpg

An exterior shot of the townhouses with the unusual cedar trim

5andMain31.jpg

An interior shot of the translucent glass garage doors - natural light!

5andMain41.jpg

The exterior of the glass garage doors

5andMain42.jpg

Nice. Thanks for taking and posting those photos. I thought that 5th and Main would be done by now but it must be bigger than I think. It looks like they are not far. I can't wait to hear how this impacts the area. Hopefully 800 Main can get started soon to add another great project to this part of town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Let the closings begin!

It appears that a few people have closed on their units and have moved into the building on the Main St. side! A small number, but at least they're living in the building! Should lessen some of the likelihood noted in the CityPaper article re Wachovia/Wells Fargo wanting to bail.

The Otters Chicken Fingers restaurant has opened, as well, and the Alium restaurant on the corner of 5th and Main is to have some holiday events this month! (Alium is being done by the Germantown Cafe owners.)

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks of some of the exterior as it's been getting finished. (There obviously still is final work going on.)

These are predominantly the interior courtyard and the townhouses - the views of the Main and Spring towers haven't really changed since my original posting. With these, the landscaping can be seen, as well as some of the architectural details.

P1070415.jpg

P1070371.jpg

P1070401.jpg

P1070388.jpg

P1070361.jpg

An unusual touch - the garage doors on the townhouses are translucent - allowing plenty of daylight in!

P1070357.jpg

P1070351.jpg

P1070336.jpg

P1070332.jpg

P1070331.jpg

P1070330.jpg

P1070327.jpg

P1070318.jpg

P1070315.jpg

P1070306.jpg

P1070300.jpg

P1070295.jpg

P1070293.jpg

P1070292.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I heard this on Channel 4 news last night. Very curious as to what it means.

There are a very small number of units being lived in - if you drive by at night, you can see a few lights, tv screens, etc. One is on the second floor over Otter's on the Main St. side, one is on the ground level on the Spring St. side facing downtown. There are a couple on the courtyard side. Not exactly booming.

The two restaurants in the ground level are both open - Otter's and Allium.

Can't wait to see what transpires!

• 6 months later...
I heard this on Channel 4 news last night. Very curious as to what it means.

There are a very small number of units being lived in - if you drive by at night, you can see a few lights, tv screens, etc. One is on the second floor over Otter's on the Main St. side, one is on the ground level on the Spring St. side facing downtown. There are a couple on the courtyard side. Not exactly booming.

The two restaurants in the ground level are both open - Otter's and Allium.

Can't wait to see what transpires!

Archived