Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Seven story hotel coming to Cascade Twp?

12 posts in this topic

Looks like they still don't have approval to build 7 floors. Grand Rapids had a height restriction downtown for years, so not surprising that suburban Cascade has one too. Maybe it's time to lift it?

Looks like they still don't have approval to build 7 floors. Grand Rapids had a height restriction downtown for years, so not surprising that suburban Cascade has one too. Maybe it's time to lift it?

That could be one of the tallest hotels in the suburbs, correct? I'm trying to remember how tall that Hampton Inn off of 54th ST is. ? It seemed to be like 5 or so stories.

That could be one of the tallest hotels in the suburbs, correct? I'm trying to remember how tall that Hampton Inn off of 54th ST is. ? It seemed to be like 5 or so stories.

Yeah, I think so. I believe the tallest hotel outside of downtown is the Radisson at Ann Street. All the rest of the tallest are at 5 stories, as far as I know.

nice, Drury Inn is a good brand and its nice to see something different than the same old standard 3-story Holiday inn express, comfort inn, ect.

There was a pla for a 7 or 8? story Hilton Garden inn off 60th street and M-37 that failed other than that I beleive the tallest hotel in the suburbs would be the Crowne Plaza just down the street at a towering 5 stories or is that new courty inn on east beltline 6 stories? Kind of nice to see some taller buildings in the suburbs as well althought its no Southfield or Troy

I remember driving past a 20 or so story marriott way outside of Springfield illinios, kind of an odd place for such a tall hotel

That Radisson is often billed as "downtown hotel rooms"

I've always wondered how on earth you can call that downtown... Nice to see someone else agreeing. :)

I wonder how many people book their room at that Radisson, and then get there and go "wth, this isn't downtown!!.