Sahara

tombarnes

Sahara Redevelopment Plan

The new owners of the Sahara, the SBE Corporation, plan to demolish one wing of the hotel and restore the two towers. Replacing the mid-rise wing will be a 520+ foot tall tower. This is an ambitious plan which will produce over 2500 hotel rooms. The area surrounding the aging complex is in the midst of near total redevelopment, so this project should complement the area fairly well. I still wonder about the possibility of overcapacity in Las vegas, but older properties such as the Sahara are obviously going to have to renovate or expand in order to maintain parity with their shinier new neighbors. The Moroccan theme of the Sahara looks more than a bit tatty these days. I wonder whether or not this will be enhanced in the new design or if it will be scuttled in favor of the current sleekness which is in vogue. I would guess the former, but I have yet to see renderings of this project.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived