Foray 48B

monsoon

I live just off of Central near Eastway. I have three large Oaks and I saw much improvement in the condition of my trees. I also have many bird feeders and they are being visited more than last year. I would say it was successful.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Barclay Downs and I would say successful as well. The oaks in my yard look wonderful. I had an arborist come to assess them recently and he gave them a thumbs-up, saying that from their (arborists) POV, the spraying was essential and successful.

I haven't seen any dead birds at all. My yard is awash in birds, especially robins and cardinals. The squirrels are constantly frolicing, too.

• 10 months later...

Well well, all the fuss was for nothing after all. A scam, the pesticide sprayers to the City, the City to us rah rah rah.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/...ments_Container

The Charlotte Observer and their staff are morons and want to milk a story but what do we really expect when the city is also run by morons, who have proven themselves to be moronic money grubbers at every turn. I contacted several tree experts, none were too impressed with Don McSween. Then there was that tree that fell on that poor woman, a tree in the city right of way that was sick but had been checked and no one knew. McSween in action, um inaction.

Recently saw many many trees planted next to roads right under power lines again. Idiots. Or smart to create job security to continually fix foul ups over and over and over.

Indeed. I said it was a dangerous waste of money a year ago and that the only way to tackle this problem is to get rid of the unnatural imbalance of trees that sustains the infestations. Anyone can read back through this topic to see how much "common wisdom" we had on this subject too.

Scam, what scam. So glad to see you lived, I CARE, did you move to Alaska during the spray? As was reported by many people last year, we saw a big reduction in worm infestation, I have wrapped my trees this year and don't see near the activity. I CARE, you obviously don't care to live here, and even stated you wished to move. The only reason I'm glad their not spraying this year is we don't get your endless rattle about how we are all are going to die, our pets will die, birds will fall from the sky, etc. etc. The city never said that we would not have to wrap our trees again, but it did say it could put a dent in the worm population, as I witnessed first hand. Now you could question the cost, I'm sorry some taxpayers spent maybe three bucks a piece for this program, but oh well that's city livin. Anyway, glad you don't have to move away this year.

• 1 year later...

Archived