Texas Roadhouse in Hartford CLOSED!

Mr. Brass Bonanza

A friend from out of town flew into Hartford yesterday, and we planned to have lunch at the Texas Roadhouse on Flatbush like we always do. When we got there around 2:00 PM, an employee came out to tell us that as of Saturday night, the Hartford restaurant was closed for good because of economic reasons. So we went to the one in Manchester and were told the reason was they were not making enough money "at that bad location." That place was always packed when I went on the weekend, but maybe it's dead during the week.

Considering this is my favorite restaurant and the Hartford location was three miles from my house, I'm bummed. It was sad to see all the U-Haul trucks lined up behind the restaurant. There was also a cop there all day. I wonder if he was there in case some disgruntled employees started to make a scene while coming into work.

Another one bites the dust.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A friend from out of town flew into Hartford yesterday, and we planned to have lunch at the Texas Roadhouse on Flatbush like we always do. When we got there around 2:00 PM, an employee came out to tell us that as of Saturday night, the Hartford restaurant was closed for good because of economic reasons. So we went to the one in Manchester and were told the reason was they were not making enough money "at that bad location." That place was always packed when I went on the weekend, but maybe it's dead during the week.

Considering this is my favorite restaurant and the Hartford location was three miles from my house, I'm bummed. It was sad to see all the U-Haul trucks lined up behind the restaurant. There was also a cop there all day. I wonder if he was there in case some disgruntled employees started to make a scene while coming into work.

Another one bites the dust.

Hey guys, I clicked into this thread because the title scared me a bit... I was a little alarmed right off that perhaps the entire chain was going to be closing stores like some others. But in reading the responses I noticed someone mentioned he went to Smokey Bones since he'd had bad experiences with Texas Roadhouse. It's so weird how different regions (I'm in Louisiana) and different management groups can make such a difference, but the Smokey Bones we had here closed and our Texas Roadhouse is doing quite well. I don't miss our Smokey Bones but I would lose my mind if we lost Texas Roadhouse. I absolutely love that chain. From the awesomely cold beers, to the cinnamon butter for the rolls, all the way to their delicious ribs, that place will always be my favorite!

Is this really worthy of a new thread? A chain restaurant closed. Better local restaurants not located in sprawling shopping centers have closed without so much as a post. I doubt anyone will miss it, it's not like there aren't countless better restaurants around. I for one would never eat a chain!

Hey guys, I clicked into this thread because the title scared me a bit... I was a little alarmed right off that perhaps the entire chain was going to be closing stores like some others. But in reading the responses I noticed someone mentioned he went to Smokey Bones since he'd had bad experiences with Texas Roadhouse. It's so weird how different regions (I'm in Louisiana) and different management groups can make such a difference, but the Smokey Bones we had here closed and our Texas Roadhouse is doing quite well. I don't miss our Smokey Bones but I would lose my mind if we lost Texas Roadhouse. I absolutely love that chain. From the awesomely cold beers, to the cinnamon butter for the rolls, all the way to their delicious ribs, that place will always be my favorite!

Yeah the chain is expanding very fast up here in the NE. funny enough though is both chains are new to manchester and both locations are usually jam packed. I think the wife and I had very good experiences the first few times, but just the last two were crap. Also SB is good, but by no means the best I've had. They do make one of the best burgers ever howver.

I generally prefer giving my money to anyone but a national chain, but I do not have a relationship with a local BBQ place at this time.

The problem is, many people do. I'll go to local places, but I won't rule out chains either. I mean, some times the local places are way better than any chains. For example: I'd take Pepe's (N.H. or Manchester) any day over Pizza Hut or Dominos. The rest of my family thinks I'm crazy, but they can stick to their imitations.

My two favorite local pizza places are Yanni's in Newington and Newington Pizza. However, I'll eat Dominos and Pizza Hut as well. It's a different kind of pizza, and I don't discriminate. I also love Uno's...although the one in Westfarms is gone.

I never cared for Popeye's...or Kenny Rogers Roasters, for that matter. But I miss Roy Rogers on the Berlin Turnpike.

Has anyone every tried The Fernwood in West Hartford? I keep meaning to. What's it like?

Archived