Texas Roadhouse in Hartford CLOSED!

Mr. Brass Bonanza

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally don't care that chain restaurant close. The proliferation of chain restaurants in the last 10 years or so is out of control.... look at how many have opened all over the Hartford area. Most use frozen food that is shipped from a central location to insure consistency from location to location. They are also expensive for the quality you get. This is just the free market at work.... there is an oversaturation of chains which deliver a mediocre product at a high price. It doesn't surprise me that some are getting weeded out.

I would much rather support independent restaurant owners or small local chains. The food is better, the service is better and you are supporting a neighbor... not some corporation.

Its amazing to me that people wait in line forever to get a seat at a place like Fridays. Marketing is everything.

By the way Lowerdeck, I'm with you 100% When it comes to pizza, I don't screw around. There are soooo many good pizza places in CT, there is no reason at all to eat whatever it is that they serve at Domino's or Pizza Hut.

I personally don't care that chain restaurant close. The proliferation of chain restaurants in the last 10 years or so is out of control.... look at how many have opened all over the Hartford area. Most use frozen food that is shipped from a central location to insure consistency from location to location. They are also expensive for the quality you get. This is just the free market at work.... there is an oversaturation of chains which deliver a mediocre product at a high price. It doesn't surprise me that some are getting weeded out.

I would much rather support independent restaurant owners or small local chains. The food is better, the service is better and you are supporting a neighbor... not some corporation.

Its amazing to me that people wait in line forever to get a seat at a place like Fridays. Marketing is everything.

By the way Lowerdeck, I'm with you 100% When it comes to pizza, I don't screw around. There are soooo many good pizza places in CT, there is no reason at all to eat whatever it is that they serve at Domino's or Pizza Hut.

I agree with many of the things you say, however some of the best steakhouses are chains now. Flemings, Capital Grill, ect....

Personally I love outback, not really for their steak but they have good prime rib and great wings along with a good dinner salad. The owner of Flemings actually owns Outback and P.F. Changs/Peiwei.

As for Pizza, its nice to have Pepes in Manchester, however I like Modern Pizza in New Haven the best out of anyone.

And ofcourse don't forget Legal Seafood, the best Claim chowder IMO. I wish they would open up a Connecticut location.

Archived