Smyrna projects

titanhog

I know this is a Murfreesboro topic page, but Smyrna is so closely related that I figured we may as well keep some of the Smyrna news in its own space.

Things coming soon...14 screen theater below Kohls...Demos...IHOP...Dippin Dots...Petsmart just opened...Super Target opening soon...JCPenney rumored next to Lowes...Buffalo Wild Wings opening soon, just below Lowes....much, much more.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smyrna Super-Target opens this weekend. It's one of only two in Middle Tennessee (the other is opening this weekend as well in Spring Hill).

Also read in the Tennessean that Enon Springs road will soon run all the way from Nissan Blvd (by the Nissan plant) to I-24 with a new I-24 exit half way between Almaville Rd and Sam Ridley Pkwy. There will be several hundred more acres of development land available in that area where Enon Springs will connect with I-24. Wish I owned some land in that area!!

Drove up and around the Colonial Promenade to check out what all's opening up there. Can't remember them all, but here's a few:

Kohl's (open), Rue 21?, New York and Company, Mere and Pere's Jewelry (open), Maurices, Ross, Dress Barn, Staples (open), Petsmart (open), Super Target (open), Dippin Dots, Gameplace? (open), Hibbet Sports.

I think there were others but can't remember. I'm pretty sure that one place wasn't called "Gameplace" but something similar. I've seen them before...I guess it's where you can rent or by video games?

Anytime Fitness, Firehouse Pizza, and a new donut shop are open in the new Almaville Shopping Center. Publix is making progess as well. A manager I spoke to here in Murfreesboro informed me that Kroger is looking at property by the shopping center as well. This will be Smyrna's third Kroger, if built.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Zaxby's coming soon next to Red Robin Burgers. I thought a Demo's was going in, some where in the area. I'd like to see more local type places. Sam Ridley exit area could be just about anywhere. I like the additional shopping choices, but it is rather boring.

Zaxby's coming soon next to Red Robin Burgers. I thought a Demo's was going in, some where in the area. I'd like to see more local type places. Sam Ridley exit area could be just about anywhere. I like the additional shopping choices, but it is rather boring.

I love Zaxby's! Great!

Yes...Demo's is supposed to go down by the new theatre (which the shell of building is being constructed as I type).

I don't think Sam Ridley will be any different than any other suburban interstate exit...but it's pretty nice for the area.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That sucks. I like Demo's and I was looking forward to having one so close. On another note, I've noticed that construction at the Zaxby's site has come to a halt. The steel frame has been there over a month with nothing new for quite a while.

I've noticed that too. It's been that way since the early summer. That's not good news.

Smyrna has been hoppin' for so long now, it's a little weird to see any projects there come to a halt or fall apart altogether.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the theatre will be done soon. Not sure on an opening date, but I'm hoping it will be before Christmas.

They're nearing completion on Zaxby's and IHOP. Beside Lowe's, Smyrna will be getting a JC Penney, Best Buy and Book Store (can't remember if it's Books a Million or something else).

Titanhog, do you know what they are building near the Red Robin? The steel frame is up. I was at Target last week, but there was no sign for "Coming Soon".

I noticed that too. I'm sure it's a restaurant, but not sure which one. I'll do some research and get back with an answer! I've heard we're getting a "Cheddars" (not sure what type of restaurant that is), so it could be that.

Ok...after researching...the restaurant they are building is probably either a "Cheddars" or a "Hardees", though neither is listed in the Town of Smyrna website as having pulled permits yet. That could just be an oversight of that website, though.

We're also supposed to be getting two tire stores moving to the SRP area (Discount Tires and Firestone Tires).

Beside Lowe's will be JC Penney, Best Buy, TJMaxx and Books-A-Million.

Demo's Restaurant is reportedly not coming now, and I've yet to see Applebees pull a permit.

Whitt's BBQ is supposed to come, but hasn't pulled a permit.

Candlewood Suites is building soon, I think beside Kohl's on the hill. The rooms up top should have a great view of the area.

Almaville Road is starting to boom. The Lee's Crossing (or whatever it's called) is nearing completion, with Publix and 25 other stores reportedly coming in. It's at the corner of Lee Victory PKWY and Almaville Road. Also...Cracker Barrell is reportedly still considering a 2nd Smyrna store near this area.

Lastly...once the Rocky Fork (or is it Rock Springs) exit is built, does anyone know how much land will be available for retail and such? I've noticed some drawings that show that the road will run from I-24 and connect with Enon Springs road where it passes over Old Nashville Highway. They've already installed a traffic light at that intersection.

Thanks for the info. Got another question. Beside Colonial Town Center on the Target end is a large empty lot. I've noticed some activity there recently. Removal of some of the large mounds of dirt and rock. More stores? Probably another warehouse. That may be in LaVergne at that location.

I agree about the motel beside Kohl's. A great location. To bad all the others are isolated on the other side of the interstate.

Thanks for the info. Got another question. Beside Colonial Town Center on the Target end is a large empty lot. I've noticed some activity there recently. Removal of some of the large mounds of dirt and rock. More stores? Probably another warehouse. That may be in LaVergne at that location.

I agree about the motel beside Kohl's. A great location. To bad all the others are isolated on the other side of the interstate.

It is in Lavergne and will be another shopping center...similar to Colonial. I don't think they've announced tenants yet.

Archived