SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

The issue with the existing building is that it doesn't have HVAC, and is essentially a prefab warehouse that just has a brick front facade, so it probably wouldn't make sense to spend the money to renovate versus just knocking it down. That and having zero parking makes commercial uses difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Phase 2 of 335 W Tremont is moving forward.  Developer requested land use meeting for the project that will include another similar sized building to Phase 1, plus a small office and small retail building.  This is all going on the big grass field at the corner of S Tryon and Tremont.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Looks like Phase 2 of 335 W Tremont is moving forward.  Developer requested land use meeting for the project that will include another similar sized building to Phase 1, plus a small office and small retail building.  This is all going on the big grass field at the corner of S Tryon and Tremont.

I was asking a colleague about this project the other day. Always surprised it took so long to get it going.

Alliance residential has the corner of Morehead & Tryon under contract and scheduled a presubmittal for a 275 unit podium & wood frame apartment deal. This is the site that Trinity was planning the office tower. I REALLY hope this deal doesn't happen. Such an under-utilization of one of the best sites outside of uptown, and one of the only ones that has UMUD zoning. No mention of retail either, but I can't imagine the city lets them get away with the same street treatment as next door. 

5 minutes ago, Prodev said:

Alliance residential has the corner of Morehead & Tryon under contract and scheduled a presubmittal for a 275 unit podium & wood frame apartment deal. This is the site that Trinity was planning the office tower. I REALLY hope this deal doesn't happen. Such an under-utilization of one of the best sites outside of uptown, and one of the only ones that has UMUD zoning. No mention of retail either, but I can't imagine the city lets them get away with the same street treatment as next door. 

I can imagine......

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Prodev said:

1 minute ago, Jayvee said:

I can imagine......

:sick::sick::sick:

9 minutes ago, Prodev said:

Don't worry this will get rubber stamped while they continue to fight the great design on the Jackelope Jack's site... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 8/26/2015 at 0:12 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It would seem everyones favorite South Tryon Building is no longer on SiteIndex and no longer listed for sale on ARGOS website... Makes me wonder if someone bought it and what their plans are.

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 12.04.21 PM.png

Looks like this building is a goner. Presubmittal scheduled to demo both of the buildings shown above and create a surface parking lot. Yay!

Just now, Prodev said:

Looks like this building is a goner. Presubmittal scheduled to demo both of the buildings shown above and create a surface parking lot. Yay!

#QueenSH!TTY

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, mpretori said:

I think it's a smart move. Until the political termoil subscides, I don't think you will see any major announcements. 

Incorrect. There are a few in the works that we will be hearing soon  

Also for the surface lot, at least it seems like they're planning for it to only have a 5 year max life. They're land banking and collecting some parking revenue in the meantime

3 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Incorrect. There are a few in the works that we will be hearing soon  

Also for the surface lot, at least it seems like they're planning for it to only have a 5 year max life. They're land banking and collecting some parking revenue in the meantime

Nothing has been announced so you can't say it's incorrect unless you have inside information or work for said companies. 

42 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Nothing has been announced so you can't say it's incorrect unless you have inside information or work for said companies. 

You must be new here. Jayvee and RDF are excellent sources of reliable information. They may miss on things occasionally, but that's because plans can change.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mpretori said:

The former what? Not trying to discredit you, but trying to find out the source you are getting this information from that a major development will be announced soon. 

Naming sources is a good way to get someone in trouble. I've gotten a cease and desist for posting things on this website, and once got one of my contacts demoted at their job, because they were the only person told info, and it showed up here an hour later, and that felt SUPER CRAPPY (read this as, development people read this site). Naming sources is not a good idea. When Dubone and I leaked the Tryon Place RFPs a couple years back, a contact of mine at Crescent said people were pissed, and they were trying desperately to figure out the leak. The leak was the backend of a website not being password protected.

Jayvees business is knowing whats happening, and writing about it. If he's like me, he likely has a couple NDAs signed here and there. I also know about a couple other developments in the works that haven't been announced to the media, probably the same ones he knows bout, and for whatever reason they cannot be announced on here. Its certainly slowing down, but the announcements are not done.

I wouldn't expect Jayvee to name sources, nor will I. 

EDIT: 

Wait... What is your definition of Major Announcement?

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, mpretori said:

The former what? Not trying to discredit you, but trying to find out the source you are getting this information from that a major development will be announced soon.

Well I am most certainly not going to reveal my source, nor am I going to reveal information I am not allowed to yet. I am just saying that I know for certain there are major deals in the works and done deals that will be announced over the course of the year, so was stating you are incorrect

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Naming sources is a good way to get someone in trouble. I've gotten a cease and desist for posting things on this website, and once got one of my contacts demoted at their job, because they were the only person told info, and it showed up here an hour later, and that felt SUPER CRAPPY (read this as, development people read this site). Naming sources is not a good idea. When Dubone and I leaked the Tryon Place RFPs a couple years back, a contact of mine at Crescent said people were pissed, and they were trying desperately to figure out the leak. The leak was the backend of a website not being password protected.

Jayvees business is knowing whats happening, and writing about it. If he's like me, he likely has a couple NDAs signed here and there. I also know about a couple other developments in the works that haven't been announced to the media, probably the same ones he knows bout, and for whatever reason they cannot be announced on here. Its certainly slowing down, but the announcements are not done.

I wouldn't expect Jayvee to name sources, nor will I. 

EDIT: 

Wait... What is your definition of Major Announcement?

Okay, I see his/her discretion. My definition of a major announcement is 20+story building or $800,000,000 building. Now that we got perspectives down, that should clarify things. 

8 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Okay, I see his/her discretion. My definition of a major announcement is 20+story building or $800,000,000 building. Now that we got perspectives down, that should clarify things. 

I mean there are things that have been speculated about in the Media and on here that have yet to be announced.

• Furman's involvement in the rest of Skyhouse land, for instance. That hasn't been announced by the Charlotte observer, but renderings are on this site, and charlotte agenda has covered it, albeit loosely. That project is, as I understand, moving forward. Includes a 20+ floor building. 

• There is the Polk Building, Northwood Ravin is exploring their options. 

• RFP responses were submitted to the county for Brooklyn Village/Bob Walton Plaza. Those projects would be in excess of 800million, maybe 1 billion dollars. 

• Homeplate Lofts, again, loosely covered by charlotte agenda. This one might actually be a next cycle kind of project. 

• Charlotte Observer. This is going to be a $1B+ project. Multiple 20+ floor buildings.

• Crescent Stonewall Station, there are still 2 hotels to announce. 

• Northwood Ravin Stonewall – 17 floors plus office. Announced on here, but not yet to the public.

• Tryon Place, still a hotel to announce. 

None of that is new. But some of its Major. 

I know of two 20+ floor buildings under development, not announced on here, that'll hopefully will be announced soon. 

Edited by Guest