SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

54 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Forgot to post new renderings of the Holiday Inn Express. Certainly the best looking one I've seen. 6k of retail. Solid stuff. Looks great at night 

IMG_5412.PNG

IMG_5413.PNG

IMG_5414.PNG

IMG_5420.PNG

This is one of my go-to brands.  New, clean, inexpensive, free parking, breakfast and internet, 24 hour gym.  Much nicer than flagship Holiday Inn in most cases.  It's budget but even when spending my company's money I love a deal.  I think this will be great...

I wonder if parking will be free at this location?  Love the 70's era VW in the rendering...

Edited by JBS
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, JBS said:

This is one of my go-to brands.  New, clean, inexpensive, free parking, breakfast and internet, 24 hour gym.  Much nicer than flagship Holiday Inn in most cases.  It's budget but even when spending my company's money I love a deal.  I think this will be great...

I wonder if parking will be free at this location?  Love the 70's era VW in the rendering...

I'm curious how MUCH parking will be included, the reason for my curiosity is the backlash toward the Home2 hotel on Rea Road that would have included less parking spaces than rooms, since this is SouthEnd and a relatively short cab/uber ride from the airport and uptown, I think it would be wise to keep parking on the surface and only the surface. 

On 10/18/2016 at 9:29 AM, Prodev said:

Kee Court townhome plans were approved. The elevations are awful... It fits in with south end about as well as the townhomes down the street at Church & Bland, which if I'm not mistaken, were also built by Ryan. 

Poking around on Accela I saw more updates to the Kee Court record last month.  Anyone with inside info know the price point/presale dates on these?  While the rendering wasn't great, hard to beat that location.

1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Poking around on Accela I saw more updates to the Kee Court record last month.  Anyone with inside info know the price point/presale dates on these?  While the rendering wasn't great, hard to beat that location.

Based on the elevations, which look very similar to the townhomes nearby on Bland, I'd assume they will sell around the same price as those.  Those have recently sold values between mid-300's to low 400's, via zillow.

1 hour ago, Ryan20 said:

Has anyone seen any movement on the homes that will be between marshall place and euclid ave? They were approved in April but haven't seen anything lately. 

They had to wait until the tenants moved out of several homes but I think most are vacant now so work should start soon 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AP3 said:

Here is the approved plan for Atherton Mill - retail below, residential above.

2-28-2017 11-35-30 AM.png

2-28-2017 11-36-24 AM.png

This will be a groundbreaking asset for urban charlotte but I gotta ask... whats with the cities 50/50 soft/hardscape fetish? Hardscape with tree wells, please. A vibrant pedestrian corridor is not possible with 8 feet of pavement.

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This will be a groundbreaking asset for urban charlotte but I gotta ask... whats with the cities 50/50 soft/hardscape fetish? Hardscape with tree wells, please. A vibrant pedestrian corridor is not possible with 8 feet of pavement.

Triple C's new building (across from the current brewery) has tree wells.  I was very surprised to see that - I'll get a picture next time I'm over there.

• Like 1

I still think that stuffing more lanes onto South Blvd is a mistake.  I think in 10 years we are going to look back at South Blvd and ask ourselves how we managed to design a suburban solution on the main street of our premier pedestrian corridor.

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 4

I noticed there is a new pedestrian island near the new HT across from Colony. Without any serious analysis on my part, it SEEMS like there are probably a lot more opportunities for them elsewhere along South. I know this is just a band-aid, but I think beyond actually being a pedestrian island, they have some subconscious traffic-calming effects. Realistically, I expect that we're never going to diet South, so measures like this and just density itself might be the only hope for slowing down traffic and decreasing the highway feel. 

Approved elevations were just posted for Atherton Mill.  Not sure how I feel about the parking deck, but I do like all of the brick fronting South Blvd, as well as the classic windows - resembles a mill, which I guess was the point.

https://aca.accela.com/charlotte/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=16LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00078

2-28-2017 6-47-39 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-57-07 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-57-20 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-57-36 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-57-47 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-58-02 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-58-15 PM.png

2-28-2017 6-58-31 PM.png

2-28-2017 7-01-12 PM.png

Edited by AP3
Added elevations
  • Like 3