SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

15 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm sure you will here this in the news tomorrow, since its now about to be public on UP but the only signed retail tenant right now is Holler and Dash a biscuit spot out of Alabama

Holler and Dash is taking 2500 SQFT (unit A1).

5-23-2017 9-42-58 AM.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The sandwich shown doesn't look very inviting, but since it is a good ole southern breakfast place, I have faith that it will be great. Hope the will get livermush, not a staple outside the Carolinas. 

37 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

The sandwich shown doesn't look very inviting, but since it is a good ole southern breakfast place, I have faith that it will be great. Hope the will get livermush, not a staple outside the Carolinas. 

You can check out Cracker Barrel's menu for their Holler and Dash concept online: https://holleranddash.com/menu/

It is currently the same menu for all four locations and you can google pictures to see the inside of the concept. Format looks pretty much the same at each location as they are going for a standardized fast casual dining experience. Order at the counter, but nice seating area with lots of rustic wood. Currently 3.5-4.0 on Yelp for their four original locations. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

I may be betraying my roots when I say that while I love livermush, I'd love to have a livermush that was less agressively salty... but then would it even be livermush??

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I may be betraying my roots when I say that while I love livermush, I'd love to have a livermush that was less agressively salty... but then would it even be livermush??

It would still be livermush with less salt. I am not a lover of salt, however I tend to replace it with tabasco sauce. 

55 minutes ago, DCMetroRaleigh said:

Good, but the city needs more healthy food fare. There needs to be promotion of healthy living and fitness, not deadly food.

http://www.getfitfoods.com/     New concept coming to Charlotte (Ballantyne Village) and expecting to open 4 to 5 locations within the next two years. They are also on FB and Instagram. Fresh and healthy prepped meals, with vegetarian and GF options! 

Edited by Temeteron
  • Like 1

More signage added to HT. They also added the HT emblem on the front of the building above "Harris Teeter."
83e947979d41ba3bd3947f9d22b0c80d.jpg

Also, parking deck is being constructed on the Pepsi parcel.
16379c0263a8d9fcbc2009e0eb8e96bc.jpg
0fa1e0c80ab81e9c7a3d59170896d618.jpg

Lidl has been stagnant for a few weeks. Looks like site work is complete though.
f5d9cd6e1986d0bacbbdd2c46114dde9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wu's looks like it will be opening very soon.
e016011f726a711d1592d48012ffa7bc.jpg
Southbound has gotten a splash of color and they are adding some steel to the space between it and Mac's.
79adc0766ae390d210f1135ae6a4593f.jpg03d551a2e661e54f30bb3801d77198ad.jpgd114e0e4e5d1f8b01daccb2a65f9dee2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

With the changes in the school zones between Sedgefield and Dilworth it seems like the gap between the value of dilworth homes and sedgefield/southend would be reduced. The price on these homes is crazy. I was thinking they were going to be in the 2500-3000 ft2 range and under a million. Sedgefield seems like the prices are already starting to creep up on dilworth with new 3000 ft2 homes being prices in the 800-900k range

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

With the changes in the school zones between Sedgefield and Dilworth it seems like the gap between the value of dilworth homes and sedgefield/southend would be reduced. The price on these homes is crazy. I was thinking they were going to be in the 2500-3000 ft2 range and under a million. Sedgefield seems like the prices are already starting to creep up on dilworth with new 3000 ft2 homes being prices in the 800-900k range

I hate watching myself slowly get priced out of all the places I'd want to live, were I ever to move back, and thats with me paying more than 1/2 a million for 900 sq feet in Brooklyn

Lets not dwell on the fact that I was reading the "8 underrated cities in America that are about to be huge" list on Thrilist (spoiler alert, Charlotte is #8 -- but Houston is #1?). The Charlotte entry was pretty boilerplate (BB&T ballpark, Whitewater center and Kindred) but also had this tidbit:

Kimpton is bringing its brand of chic luxury accommodations here with two new properties -- one in Dilworth/South End and the other in Charlotte City Center. 

This raises the following question: Did I totally forget about a Kimpton project in Southend or is the author high and/or connected to new info?

Could West Elm have given up on their hotel or contract operations out to Kempton?

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/american-travel-destinations-that-are-about-to-blow-up

Edited by kermit

5 minutes ago, kermit said:

Lets not dwell on the fact that I was reading the "8 underrated cities in America that are about to be huge" list on Thrilist (spoiler alert, Charlotte is #8 -- but Houston is #1?). The Charlotte entry was pretty boilerplate (BB&T ballpark, Whitewater center and Kindred) but also had this tidbit:

This raises the following question: Did I totally forget about a Kimpton project in Southend or is the author high and/or correct?

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/american-travel-destinations-that-are-about-to-blow-up

Kimpton Hotel's Dilworth apartment building hasn't started construction ...