SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I couldn't find a Wilmore Thread so I will leave this here. @Jayvee texted me this this morning, but he's otherwise disposed, so I figured I'd post it here on his behalf. Hopefully we see this come to fruition in the next couple years, it would be a huge asset. 

Park-Master-Plan.png

http://historicsouthend.com/park/

More info in the link

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Thanks for the updated renderings.  Any idea when they'll start construction?  Any tenants lined up?

Its got to win a rezoning before any of that happens. Rezoning is tonight. 

16 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Some updated images of my favorite project in Charlotte. I'll miss tailgating on this site, but I'll live if its for a great project.

2017-039-site-plan-3rd-rev-2.jpg

2017-039-site-plan-3rd-rev1.jpg

2017-039-site-plan-3rd-rev.jpg

Out of all the projects proposed, I'll be most disappointed this one doesn't go through.  Or worse, gets value engineered.

1 minute ago, ah59396 said:

Out of all the projects proposed, I'll be most disappointed this one doesn't go through.  Or worse, gets value engineered.

This project likely looks more like what you are seeing in your new scenery. Am I right?

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

This project likely looks more like what you are seeing in your new scenery. Am I right?

Pretty much.  Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of crapty VE work being done out here too.  But the crane boom out here is one whole nother level.  I can't keep track, haha.

Just now, ah59396 said:

Pretty much.  Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of crapty VE work being done out here too.  But the crane boom out here is one whole nother level.  I can't keep track, haha.

Yea man, it is the fastest Densifying city in North America. Pretty insane. Now that you two are out there, I've reached the bench mark of people I know out there (10) needed that it warrants a visit. 

FWIW.....the Railyards project above is designed to be expanded (per zoning and initial design work) to 10-stories if they find tenant demand warranting it....it is shown as 8 in the renderings.

I have no knowledge of any pre-leasing or specific tenants kicking the tires here though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

FWIW.....the Railyards project above is designed to be expanded (per zoning and initial design work) to 10-stories if they find tenant demand warranting it....it is shown as 8 in the renderings.

I have no knowledge of any pre-leasing or specific tenants kicking the tires here though.

two 180' buildings would be great for southend, to add to the 180 appx for DFA. I wonder what the status of RAM's apartment Tower and West Elm Hotel are. I'd think we'd get 280-300 feet out of the apartments and 120-150 out of West Elm Hotel. Would be great to expand the skyline.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its got to win a rezoning before any of that happens. Rezoning is tonight. 

I saw on the business journal that it was listed as a public hearing. Is there first a public hearing, and then a vote? http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/06/16/topgolf-vote-delayed-other-projects-on-the-table.html

Sorry for dumb question. 

Here is the community meeting notes on the project and will be voted on by city council in July. Staff has recommended approval with a few minor issues as typical with most approvals. http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/037-044/2017-039 community report.pdf One 2 accesses to parking both from side streets of the block. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here is the community meeting notes on the project and will be voted on by city council in July. Staff has recommended approval with a few minor issues as typical with most approvals. http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/037-044/2017-039 community report.pdf One 2 accesses to parking both from side streets of the block. 

HAHA, a graphic I created is in there LOL!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Some updated images of my favorite project in Charlotte. I'll miss tailgating on this site, but I'll live if its for a great project.

2017-039-site-plan-3rd-rev-2.jpg

2017-039-site-plan-3rd-rev1.jpg

2017-039-site-plan-3rd-rev.jpg

Bland street elevation shows no curbcuts, but the site plan shows vehicular entry point... must be levitating cars/trucks.

UPDATE: Rezoning doc has a better Bland St elevation than the deck i referenced above.

Edited by archiham04