atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

Recommended Posts


18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Can someone snag me a picture of 1225 S. Church with its facade being replaced? Or perhaps Mosaic. Need it for an article I'm writing.

I live at 1225 South Church and can try to get pictures tonight or tomorrow morning.  Anything in particular you're looking for a shot of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Toni said:

I live at 1225 South Church and can try to get pictures tonight or tomorrow morning.  Anything in particular you're looking for a shot of?

Actually you are great! Someone got me one already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Actually you are great! Someone got me one already!

Cool - let us know when this article comes out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know whether to take this seriously or not. Either is an upzone, a microunit building or perhaps just taller than expected and loft style. The units seem to be drawn as 400 sq feet. Guess time will tell. Pleasantly surprised with the 30k+ of retail. Annoyed with the parking lot, though its shielded nicely from the street.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 8.52.17 AM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2017 at 1:35 PM, AP3 said:

Dunavant Street Townhomes approved 7/25/2017. 

 

8-1-2017 1-32-00 PM.png

Do you have anymore info or renderings on these? Couldn't find them on zoning site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 4:32 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Can someone snag me a picture of 1225 S. Church with its facade being replaced? Or perhaps Mosaic. Need it for an article I'm writing.

Great article! I hope the message eventually sinks in.... I'm assuming that was you. It had the tone of a UPer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Great article! I hope the message eventually sinks in.... I'm assuming that was you. It had the tone of a UPer.

haha, it was me, unfortunately the 1225 S. Church part was cut by my editor, because I couldn't prove that the facade was being rebuilt because of poor construction.

For those who don't know where to look

http://www.charlottefive.com/the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-charlottes-canyon-of-mediocrity/

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

haha, it was me, unfortunately the 1225 S. Church part was cut by my editor, because I couldn't prove that the facade was being rebuilt because of poor construction.

For those who don't know where to look

http://www.charlottefive.com/the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-charlottes-canyon-of-mediocrity/

I read the article earlier today. Thought it was very well written. On a side note, I will say I applaud the editor for saying something shouldn't be in the article if it can't be backed up and supported. That's certainly not a jab at you. I'm sure you believe it's true and it probably is. It just makes me like that site more knowing they have some editorial standards that some Publications seem to lack these days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jednc said:

I read the article earlier today. Thought it was very well written. On a side note, I will say I applaud the editor for saying something shouldn't be in the article if it can't be backed up and supported. That's certainly not a jab at you. I'm sure you believe it's true and it probably is. It just makes me like that site more knowing they have some editorial standards that some Publications seem to lack these days.

I wasn't upset by it either. It was a fair judgement on their part. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. 

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jednc said:

I read the article earlier today. Thought it was very well written. On a side note, I will say I applaud the editor for saying something shouldn't be in the article if it can't be backed up and supported. That's certainly not a jab at you. I'm sure you believe it's true and it probably is. It just makes me like that site more knowing they have some editorial standards that some Publications seem to lack these days.

A hard "seconded"

Also, great article. Nice to see the gap between nerdy wonk and layman reader bridged very well.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DFA building has rebar and concrete finally above ground!
ab4ddeb35982e42549cef0730b4b13c2.jpg
Also facade update on building at Tremont & Hawkins.
f91ed47b361171cf579c1be20bf603bd.jpg
And construction fencing is up around Atherton Mill.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AP3 said:

DFA building has rebar and concrete finally above ground!
ab4ddeb35982e42549cef0730b4b13c2.jpg
Also facade update on building at Tremont & Hawkins.
f91ed47b361171cf579c1be20bf603bd.jpg
And construction fencing is up around Atherton Mill.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna call this one "The Modern Alamo"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kermit said:

Bummer  I bet it has to do with they don't own all the land and that one owner (The who it is  escapes me) isn't selling

David Bowd, co-founder of DDK (which will manage the hotels), submitted a statement to the CBJ when asked about the previously planned South End hotel.

"We are re-evaluating the location for a West Elm Hotel in Charlotte," Bowd said. "We are committed to having the right partners, in the right locations, at the right time. We remain optimistic of the opportunities to join the Charlotte community with our unique hospitality offerings."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

Bummer  I bet it has to do with they don't own all the land and that one owner (The who it is  escapes me) isn't selling

Nah. It's probably because of my post the other day. If only I could've comprehended. :tw_confounded:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

Bummer  I bet it has to do with they don't own all the land and that one owner (The who it is  escapes me) isn't selling

David Bowd, co-founder of DDK (which will manage the hotels), submitted a statement to the CBJ when asked about the previously planned South End hotel.

"We are re-evaluating the location for a West Elm Hotel in Charlotte," Bowd said. "We are committed to having the right partners, in the right locations, at the right time. We remain optimistic of the opportunities to join the Charlotte community with our unique hospitality offerings."

should have just built around him... beaver style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike West Elm this Holiday Inn Express hotel  is coming out of the ground. Today between rain showers. 

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walkway from S Blvd (across from Macs) to soon to be Rail trail part two at Solis. I gotta assume it will not be for the public.

(Still no shortage of people jumping the fence to cross the tracks to get to Publix)

 

IMG_0019.JPG.8b357b229dfaca00d2acfe8a450b5c2d.JPG

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Pulte is now marketing the townhomes at South Village Scaleybark station. From mid 300s https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-carolina/the-charlotte-area/charlotte/south-village-209932  Looks like some new 4 level plans and there is a Grand Union Way.  Union must be the new buzzword in development circles. 

The homesite map looks a little better and more connected to the future retail fronting South at Clanton.  Any idea if the whole site is going to be fenced in still?  If so I take back my first comment here but from the looks of it I only see a bit on the side that's near Red Clay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.