SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Can someone snag me a picture of 1225 S. Church with its facade being replaced? Or perhaps Mosaic. Need it for an article I'm writing.

I live at 1225 South Church and can try to get pictures tonight or tomorrow morning.  Anything in particular you're looking for a shot of?

2 minutes ago, Toni said:

I live at 1225 South Church and can try to get pictures tonight or tomorrow morning.  Anything in particular you're looking for a shot of?

Actually you are great! Someone got me one already!

I don't know whether to take this seriously or not. Either is an upzone, a microunit building or perhaps just taller than expected and loft style. The units seem to be drawn as 400 sq feet. Guess time will tell. Pleasantly surprised with the 30k+ of retail. Annoyed with the parking lot, though its shielded nicely from the street.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 8.52.17 AM.png

1 hour ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Great article! I hope the message eventually sinks in.... I'm assuming that was you. It had the tone of a UPer.

haha, it was me, unfortunately the 1225 S. Church part was cut by my editor, because I couldn't prove that the facade was being rebuilt because of poor construction.

For those who don't know where to look

http://www.charlottefive.com/the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-charlottes-canyon-of-mediocrity/

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

haha, it was me, unfortunately the 1225 S. Church part was cut by my editor, because I couldn't prove that the facade was being rebuilt because of poor construction.

For those who don't know where to look

http://www.charlottefive.com/the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-charlottes-canyon-of-mediocrity/

I read the article earlier today. Thought it was very well written. On a side note, I will say I applaud the editor for saying something shouldn't be in the article if it can't be backed up and supported. That's certainly not a jab at you. I'm sure you believe it's true and it probably is. It just makes me like that site more knowing they have some editorial standards that some Publications seem to lack these days.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jednc said:

I read the article earlier today. Thought it was very well written. On a side note, I will say I applaud the editor for saying something shouldn't be in the article if it can't be backed up and supported. That's certainly not a jab at you. I'm sure you believe it's true and it probably is. It just makes me like that site more knowing they have some editorial standards that some Publications seem to lack these days.

I wasn't upset by it either. It was a fair judgement on their part. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. 

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, jednc said:

A hard "seconded"

Also, great article. Nice to see the gap between nerdy wonk and layman reader bridged very well.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AP3 said:

DFA building has rebar and concrete finally above ground!
ab4ddeb35982e42549cef0730b4b13c2.jpg
Also facade update on building at Tremont & Hawkins.
f91ed47b361171cf579c1be20bf603bd.jpg
And construction fencing is up around Atherton Mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna call this one "The Modern Alamo"

23 minutes ago, kermit said:

Bummer  I bet it has to do with they don't own all the land and that one owner (The who it is  escapes me) isn't selling

David Bowd, co-founder of DDK (which will manage the hotels), submitted a statement to the CBJ when asked about the previously planned South End hotel.

"We are re-evaluating the location for a West Elm Hotel in Charlotte," Bowd said. "We are committed to having the right partners, in the right locations, at the right time. We remain optimistic of the opportunities to join the Charlotte community with our unique hospitality offerings."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

Bummer  I bet it has to do with they don't own all the land and that one owner (The who it is  escapes me) isn't selling

David Bowd, co-founder of DDK (which will manage the hotels), submitted a statement to the CBJ when asked about the previously planned South End hotel.

"We are re-evaluating the location for a West Elm Hotel in Charlotte," Bowd said. "We are committed to having the right partners, in the right locations, at the right time. We remain optimistic of the opportunities to join the Charlotte community with our unique hospitality offerings."

should have just built around him... beaver style

Walkway from S Blvd (across from Macs) to soon to be Rail trail part two at Solis. I gotta assume it will not be for the public.

(Still no shortage of people jumping the fence to cross the tracks to get to Publix)

IMG_0019.JPG.8b357b229dfaca00d2acfe8a450b5c2d.JPG

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Pulte is now marketing the townhomes at South Village Scaleybark station. From mid 300s https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-carolina/the-charlotte-area/charlotte/south-village-209932  Looks like some new 4 level plans and there is a Grand Union Way.  Union must be the new buzzword in development circles. 

The homesite map looks a little better and more connected to the future retail fronting South at Clanton.  Any idea if the whole site is going to be fenced in still?  If so I take back my first comment here but from the looks of it I only see a bit on the side that's near Red Clay