SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

4 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but 300 West Summit site has been cleared. Will have quite the view!

78DFD658-DB08-401A-A490-7F061392396F.jpeg

75E633B5-F764-4F15-9A85-C41DA2FA32DA.jpeg

AA2BDD4A-D61D-48E1-8A4D-749B7E2F2E4D.jpeg

NO CLUE where I'm going to park for the Panthers game I'm flying down for in November. I used to park on that lot in a spot nobody could ever tow me without messing up either my truck or the tow truck.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

NO CLUE where I'm going to park for the Panthers game I'm flying down for in November. I used to park on that lot in a spot nobody could ever tow me without messing up either my truck or the tow truck.

Park where Gateway Station will be built. If kick off is at 1pm, then get there around 10am if you plan on tailgating. I was at the Saints game last week. I tailgate there every year. Great spot... for now.

12 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

1 floor retail, 6 floors apartments

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I read somewhere they will be somewhere around 170', If that's the case, Will it make an appearance in our skyline and make it look a little more sprawling? I really want a "Downtown" South end area, And I think Developers are kind of trending towards that around Atherton Mills.

30 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I think I read somewhere they will be somewhere around 170', If that's the case, Will it make an appearance in our skyline and make it look a little more sprawling? I really want a "Downtown" South end area, And I think Developers are kind of trending towards that around Atherton Mills.

Hate to crush your dream, but wherever you read that was way wrong, see attached approved elevation, you can do the math to see the height. On a separate note, I strongly advise against ever reading Charlotte Stories. They post incorrect information nearly constantly. Their primary agenda is to generate clicks and ad revenue, not provide accurate or interesting journalism.

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 12.11.18 PM.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Hate to crush your dream, but wherever you read that was way wrong, see attached approved elevation, you can do the math to see the height. On a separate note, I strongly advise against ever reading Charlotte Stories. They post incorrect information nearly constantly. Their primary agenda is to generate clicks and ad revenue, not provide accurate or interesting journalism.

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 12.11.18 PM.png

It was in the Charlotte Observer, If I still had my free trial I would link you. 

4 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

It was in the Charlotte Observer, If I still had my free trial I would link you. 

I'm not going to doubt you saw something, but that site under its current zoning is capped at about 100 feet. There would have had to be a rezoning about a year ago. Its approved at and being built at bout 90 feet. 

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm not going to doubt you saw something, but that site under its current zoning is capped at about 100 feet. There would have had to be a rezoning about a year ago. Its approved at and being built at bout 90 feet. 

Ouch, Definitely a downgrade from what I thought but should bring some nice Retail.

4 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Ouch, Definitely a downgrade from what I thought but should bring some nice Retail.

The skyline expansion will occur on the underused spaces directly adjacent to 277 and spread eventually further down S. Tryon, hitting the Uptown Cabernet land next. Although I think there is some land around the Future Wilmore Centennial park that might get some 15-25 floor buildings soon enough. I know of a unnannounced. 10 floor office tower proposed in the "Design District."

Anyways, back on topic guys. 

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

You might be thinking of DFA in southend. I believe it will be 200ish feet. There was also a rower proposed at the design center with some good height to it. Those are the only two I'm aware of in South End that would add much to a southend skyline.

You might be thinking of DFA in southend. I believe it will be 200ish feet. There was also a rower proposed at the design center with some good height to it. Those are the only two I'm aware of in South End that would add much to a southend skyline.

Railyard will possibly be taller than DFA if the leasing continues to go well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was eating bird skulls and brains with a friend who was trying to win a yakitorri gross out. I asked him what kind of birds they are and he pointed to some sparrow looking things on the power pole. Proving they are also an important natural habitat.

18 hours ago, hambone931 said:

We are just preserving the utility poles for future generations to enjoy.

Before 1923, about anything in the area was wooden in structure and not durable. Charlotte really never had more than a couple older buildings with significant architectural feature since we are a comparably new city compared to Charleston, Savannah, Wilmington, and some other southern gems.  From what I have observed, I believe that if older places like the Masonic Temple, old YMCA, or other near Victorian structures had been saved, many on this board would complain about the color or the ugliness and want them leveled anyway.