SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Los Angeles is my favorite example of a city with modern superblocks that left a good portion of its historic core intact. The gleaming skyscrapers were largely built in areas adjacent to the historic CBD. Much of the old city is still there, intact, and much of it is still very raw and ungentrified.

25 minutes ago, orulz said:

Los Angeles is my favorite example of a city with modern superblocks that left a good portion of its historic core intact. The gleaming skyscrapers were largely built in areas adjacent to the historic CBD. Much of the old city is still there, intact, and much of it is still very raw and ungentrified.

Unless you're talking about Spanish Missions, nothing in L.A. is that old. 

27 minutes ago, Miesian Corners said:

Actually, LA boomed in the 1920s. It has some fantastic architecture.

Charlotte started building structures over 10 stories about that time. Actually, a few are still but hugely redone.  Seems like the only thing around here in town that qualifies as old are the Victorian homes in 4th Ward and a few in Dilworth. Maybe we can hold on to them for the future., 

image.thumb.png.e1c9c9a893634c294b6ce93b5d573416.png

Just got the Architecturals for this project. Looks like the final height will be 141' Those two big empty blobs ARE ALL RETAIL!!!. This also shows the basic layout of the parking deck and residential. Which it looks like not all of them will be microunits, just most of them.

I see subtle changes in the design, but not much. I'll be on the lookout for renderings of the residential.

Messages Image(2688680038).png

Edited by Guest

On 10/10/2017 at 2:44 PM, kermit said:

I would like it be noted on my permanent record that I object to the name "Rail Yard" in this particular (never been a rail yard) site.

Now that is out of the way, I gotta say it looks pretty good for a Southend project.

It gets worse. Look how they name the rooms? LOL 

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 3.27.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.12.37 AM.png

North Stop, Waste Hangar, Junction, Caboose, Grand Central Station. Lord.

Edited by Guest

Possibly even more townhomes coming to W Tremont St. These back right up to Brookhill Village though. Hard to see these getting built until a definitive solution is confirmed for BV.  I still havent seen any updates on the townhomes where the dilworth mattress factory is by Sycamore. 

http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2017Petitions/Pages/2017-154.aspx

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I hate to be that person. Brook hill needs to be destroyed. Bulldozed. It's a monstrosity. 

I get the need for affordable housing but that thing is a heep. No trees after all these years?

I think RDF mentioned something in the works here at one point in time...