SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

13 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Hopefully developers in South end will figure out as land prices are going to go up that its better to build up instead of out. I wouldn't mind these apartments if they were a little bit taller and a little less wide. 

probably unlikely to happen because of the sheer size of most of the available blocks in southend. Project like Bainbridge are about as small as they will get outside of MAYBE the gold district.

Edited by Guest

image.thumb.png.98ce99bdf63c1769098639bf22e2250c.png

Have I mentioned how big of a deal I think the Design Center is? Based on this site plan I'd expect a 12 floor hotel and a 25-30 floor apartment building. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, jtmonk said:

Nice, any idea when this would actually happen?  Plans for a tall residential tower have been floating around for a while for that block. 

Honestly, my RAM barometer is broken. Now that they got $48M to play with from their sale of Design Center, I'd think they have the liquidity to make something happen. They started construction on their Villa Heights/Optimist development so for the first time in over a decade we have movement from them on a Charlotte Property. Time will tell how serious they are on the development of the rest of the block. MPV has put an adjacent parcel on Hawkins for sale, I'd be really interested to see if anything occurs with this property as well.

Design fail adjacent to the rail trail. 1100 South decided to put in a planting strip between their sidewalk and the rail trail. Since its the only grass for what seems like a mile it collects more dog urine than the humane society  -- grass is never gonna grow there. 

(The photo doesnt show it because of the lighting but its mostly mud and straw)

IMG_0108.JPG

Edited by kermit

Design fail adjacent to the rail trail. 1100 South decided to put in a planting strip between their sidewalk and the rail trail. Since its the only grass for what seems like a mile it collects more dog urine than the humane society  -- grass is never gonna grow there. 
(The photo doesnt show it because of the lighting but its mostly mud and straw)

IMG_0108.thumb.JPG.064e7f0b340dd99d7bbfd3158a0c13f4.JPG

Is this their reaction to my article that mentioned the abomination that is this block of the rail trail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry if it's been posted but seemed like a new rendering to me, perusing the Odell website I came across this which looks like Strawn redevelopment.  Anyone know if that is true and whether this is the redesign to that project?

https://www.odell.com/portfolio/southend-mixed-use-community/?portfolioCats=84

Edit: Also just a wild guess it's for Charlotte, just saw Southend

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Sorry if it's been posted but seemed like a new rendering to me, perusing the Odell website I came across this which looks like Strawn redevelopment.  Anyone know if that is true and whether this is the redesign to that project?

https://www.odell.com/portfolio/southend-mixed-use-community/?portfolioCats=84

This is what is out for bid by Horizon Development. Whether it turns out anything like this remains to be seen. I'm a HUGE fan, but my expectations are tempered.

36 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Wait is this rendering for South End? And If so where in it? I really hope these buildings are tall and visible so they add to the Mini South End Skyline.

Strawn Tower redevelopment.  All the small buildings on the map below.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2149606,-80.8517683,464m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edit:  Look at the top left you'll see a lightly shaded Strawn Tower around all the other development.  The plan is to extend Bland across South as well as Cleveland connecting to Caldwell which are the streets running right through the rendering by the existing tower.

image.png.4f407b6d26b9f2c2e67d8510318d5806.png

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

Great! If these towers are tall enough they should add to the Mini Skyline! Glad we might finally see a Hotel in South End after Kimpton Dilworth fell through. 

There’s one under construction on Park and Mint :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk