SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, kermit said:

So things really aren't going well for Lidl. They are pulling the plug on Northeastern projects and have decided to completely abort their Texas expansion (from a different source).

The store is just so... off. When I went (once, haven't been back), it seemed like a quarter of the store was wine and a third was off-brand clothing. Typically my grocery shopping is for produce, meat, dairy, and possibly a staple like flour or pasta. I think my household is pretty typical for an American family that cooks at home, and... well, Lidl just doesn't seem to be aimed at fulfilling those needs at all.

• Like 1

This may be my favorite project going on in Charlotte right now.  It is going to add a huge presence to that stretch on Camden.  I love the materials they have chosen for the exterior of the building, I love how they have concealed the massive parking deck, and I love the wide sidewalks lined with retail.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I love how it's articulated and whatnot, but does anyone else get a "1970s/80s Civic Center" vibe from those facades? ;)

If I'm right about the materials they're using -- hard to be certain with the low res pictures -- they're going with a facade of two-toned brick and thick wood panels. It could have that feeling, but the retail at street level and the proportions/lines of the building should add a lot of liveliness to it. They're good materials, if they are used well.

Now if I'm misreading and it's actually pink and maroon EIFS and wood-patterned EIFS, then :tw_grimace:

2 hours ago, asthasr said:

If I'm right about the materials they're using -- hard to be certain with the low res pictures -- they're going with a facade of two-toned brick and thick wood panels. It could have that feeling, but the retail at street level and the proportions/lines of the building should add a lot of liveliness to it. They're good materials, if they are used well.

Now if I'm misreading and it's actually pink and maroon EIFS and wood-patterned EIFS, then :tw_grimace:

its not. Its terracotta, brick, and wood.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just imagining this picture in 3 years. Atherton is finished, DFA, Railyard, maybe two Design Center Towers. Wow this could be a very different view. Now if Strawn took off, and I've heard about a couple more DFA sized projects in the works for Southend. 

5a42d13f063f2_MessagesImage(1742120513).png.a261cdca132aff5163ad15344afb6669.png

Any word if something in the 20ish story range is still in the works for this site?

I’d imagine eventual build out for the rest of the Design Center would include 3 buildings on various parcels. MPV had land in the area up for sale, and I’d imagine that’d eventually be a fourth. All would likely be above the stick built threshold in height. A 14 floor residential tower was just submitted for rezoning, on the spare lot beside the new parking deck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk